What did you do for your Terminator today?

dazwelding

Established Member
Dropped the trans and found what was making all the racket, pivot ball retainer fingers broke off the release lever. Also going to drill/tap the stripped shifter bolt hole, replace rear main seal, and put in new pilot and throw-out bearings while it's down.

View attachment 1714076

View attachment 1714077
Look for a rear main seal that resembles the OEM. The OEM rear main seal has a spring inside it that helps hold the seal against the crank. The national seal is a suitable replacement. The Fram rear main seal does not have the spring and it does not create a good seal and will leak.

toddyfiveo

Established Member
Waited 12 weeks for my TMI upholstery kit. Got it all installed along with Redline shift/ e brake boots.

IMG_8494.jpg
IMG_8496.jpg
IMG_8495.jpg

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Got her inspected.....year #10 now. As each year has gone by, less and less "techs" can drive a manual lol. "Sorry sir....no one here can drive a stick...we'll take your word for it on braking and such....we'll just hook it up to the computer".

Breaks my heart, I tell ya.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
We're did you get the mirrors IN CF?

I sent them off to get carbon fiber skinned. I can’t recommend the place I sent them to for future referrals, but there are plenty of reputable shops that do it for about $150-$200.

Dropping them off in the ol mail is a sobering experience though. I ended up buying a backup set before modifying the stockers.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Got her inspected.....year #10 now. As each year has gone by, less and less "techs" can drive a manual lol. "Sorry sir....no one here can drive a stick...we'll take your word for it on braking and such....we'll just hook it up to the computer".

They test drive your car?! Screw that noise. Here all they do is plug into it. I actually had the same thing happen two years ago. Went for the test, backed her into a spot directly across from the testing garage, went inside...etc. 5min later I see junior stroll out and get in my car. He sits there for a solid minutes before he gets out, walks in to the front counter and talks to the desk guy. Desk guy chuckles and looks at me. "Sir? Would you mind pulling your car in. This guy doesn't know how to drive stick." Damn kids! Built-in theft deterrent

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

toddyfiveo

Established Member
Those seats look really nice. Looking at the photos, I would not know they were vinyl. How soft is the vinyl?

The vinyl is not like high end leather, but it is soft and was easy to install. I have a buddy that works at an upholstery shop, they use TMI when not making custom interiors. He suggested the vinyl over leather, mostly because it will hold up better and a majority of people cant tell the difference.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

Man that's funny! I sure hope I never have to deal with inspections. I don't want anyone driving my car.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the comments about the material quality/softness. Years ago, vinyl was usually hard and stiff. Now, the material used is much softer with often a premium feel. Sounds like what you have is "good" stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread