What did you do for your Terminator today?

44shelby

Established Member
Now everyone’s running around with 800+ horse power. I had my motor rebuilt how I always wanted to do my car and I’m just going to enjoy it as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
True my car makes 800 on the dot. It's no more fun than when it was 600hp honestly.

LS WUT

Established Member
This is where I get into my dilemma’s these days. I’ve got a ported blower and a whipple. I’ll admit a vast majority of my “fun runs” are on the streets of Mexico. I do dabble in the 1/4 mile because it’s local. I’ve had an 800HP cobra, it was great. However not so much on the enjoyable sense because leaving bacon strips until 90 wasn’t as appealing and Mickey Thompson tires aren’t cheap. The ported blower makes 540/570 to the wheels. I think that’s about as good as it gets as for a fun street / strip car.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Something to think about....

There always seems to be a few people that talk about how much more fun they had when the car made less horsepower. Yet you never see any of them going back to a smaller blower or detuning the car.

Maybe I'm an outlier or maybe it's because of people I end up hanging out with, but I like where my car is power wise. Granted I have real traction control and that helps keep it straight when I punch it. But really the only reason I haven't thrown the 4lb lower on is because I still want to be able to run 91 occasionally so I can do the long cruises with my friends.

LS WUT

Established Member
Something to think about....

There always seems to be a few people that talk about how much more fun they had when the car made less horsepower. Yet you never see any of them going back to a smaller blower or detuning the car.

Maybe I'm an outlier or maybe it's because of people I end up hanging out with, but I like where my car is power wise. Granted I have real traction control and that helps keep it straight when I punch it. But really the only reason I haven't thrown the 4lb lower on is because I still want to be able to run 91 occasionally so I can do the long cruises with my friends.
That’s a very good point there. I can’t say I’ve seen to many go up a pulley size, or even go with a smaller blower for that sense.

I’d say the biggest reason I’m going for more power than anything else right now is because my circle keeps catching up to me power wise. I’ve now got 3 C7 Z06’s in my group, and they’ve all got a thing for ****ing around and finding out.

Rambro

Established Member
Guess I won’t be going to a 2.9 anytime soon from my baby 2.3
My gen4 standard inlet 2.9 pulls wayyy harder than my 2.3 could ever imagine. Sucks to hear about the issues with the crushers. They make great power, but my 2.9 Gen4 with a 3.0 upper hits hard, no lacking of torque at all. And it drives the same as when it had the eaton on it.

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
Took it for a rip, hit the 17k mile mark and did an oil change.
276d6055edf2fc6d8870b6267a625e26.jpg

3150a8d0bc478fc96471262268b55dcb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambro

Established Member
I just had my car tuned and stangfreak was there both times.

2.9 whipple standard inlet
3.5”’upper only 15-16 psi
93 made 662
E85 made 710 on same boost. The e85 I got tested at 80% so I just wanted to be conservative. For me I’d rather run the same pulley on both tunes for simplicity of being able to swap to 93 if needed. The car hits hard and feels violent but I’ve never had a 2.3. I went from stock eaton to ported eaton then to the 2.9.

Nice to see you cracked 700 with the 3.5 upper. My 2.9 on E85, with the 3.5 upper felt every bit as strong as my whipple 2.3 with a 2.70 upper.

blwn89gt

Established Member
Nice to see you cracked 700 with the 3.5 upper. My 2.9 on E85, with the 3.5 upper felt every bit as strong as my whipple 2.3 with a 2.70 upper.

Yeah I’m glad also. I wanted to keep it simple and not go overboard.

Sent from my iPhone

Rambro

Established Member
Yeah I’m glad also. I wanted to keep it simple and not go overboard.

Sent from my iPhone
I agree. I run the 3.0 upper, but I short shift it, 6200 rpm max. Have to have an aggressive drag radial, or a full slick to get it to hook with the 3.0 upper.

01yellercobra

Established Member
That’s a very good point there. I can’t say I’ve seen to many go up a pulley size, or even go with a smaller blower for that sense.

I’d say the biggest reason I’m going for more power than anything else right now is because my circle keeps catching up to me power wise. I’ve now got 3 C7 Z06’s in my group, and they’ve all got a thing for ****ing around and finding out.
I've got a couple guys that are pretty fast. One is a terminator swapped fox. He put a couple cars on me. My last run was a Mark 5 Supra that I thought was stock. Turns out he wasn't and had more mods planned. I ordered a smaller pulley within a couple days of that. :)

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
When I bought the SLP exhaust last fall I got 3 sets of mufflers with it. LM1, LM2, and Magnaflows (the square ones…aka not as loud ones). I just swapped the LM1 for the magnaflows. Way quieter at idle but still gets pretty loud. I’ll drive it later in the week to see how it is in the car. I might keep these unless they are too quiet. We’ll see. Probably will have a much better tone than the LM1.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant
Established Member
Need some help from the OG's......looking for a video that used to be on streetfire.net. He was a member here, redfire cobra on chrome fr500. Car had headers, xpipe, and magnapacks. The video was filmed from inside a sn95 car with the cobra taking off slow from a redlight and after cruising he dropped a gear and took off. Anyhelp?

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant
Established Member
I'd also like to mention....interior rattles are going to drive me nuts. I've also noticed when I close my diver door with the window up its a clean shut. With the window down sounds like its gonna break the glass. gotta figure that out.

cj428mach

Established Member
Guess I won’t be going to a 2.9 anytime soon from my baby 2.3 LOL
Malcolmv8 has videos of him modding a red fire car with a 3.0 Whipple. After watching them I got the mod bug and asked him if he thought I should ditch the 2.65 for a 3.0 Whipple. He said absolutely not, he wouldn't own one because working on everything is a nightmare.

That killed my plans of ever ditching the 2.65.

blwn89gt

Established Member
The whipple does make it a pain in the a$$ because the elbow is in the way, but I love how my car feels with the 2.9 on it.

Users who are viewing this thread