What did you do for your Terminator today?

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Have a cars and coffee meet on Saturday morning, so I decided to wash the car. I wanted to put my D-10s which gave me the perfect opportunity to clean the wheel wells with degreaser, scrub, rinse, then applied some Chemical Guys Barebones to bring some shine to them.
View attachment 1652144
View attachment 1652145
View attachment 1652146
Pics below are before Barebones and after
View attachment 1652147
View attachment 1652148
View attachment 1652149
View attachment 1652150
The shine and especially the mirror quality reflection you achieved is amazing! Have you done a paint correction any time in the past to get your black so glass like or is it all with the Chemical Brothers products?
I’d like your order of procedures and products to get your paint to the point it is in your above pictures if you don’t mind? My 03 Cobra is black also and has been sitting in my garage collecting dust for the last 11 years.
Thanks
Ken

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, the photo after you used CG Barebones is impressive. Those wheel wells look factory fresh.

The tires and wheels look awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
The shine and especially the mirror quality reflection you achieved is amazing! Have you done a paint correction any time in the past to get your black so glass like or is it all with the Chemical Brothers products?
I’d like your order of procedures and products to get your paint to the point it is in your above pictures if you don’t mind? My 03 Cobra is black also and has been sitting in my garage collecting dust for the last 11 years.
Thanks
Ken
Thank you! It’s over due for a detail job I usually do twice a year. It does have imperfections that need to be corrected. For the pics all I used was Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax, then Meguairs Ultimate Detailer spray after I air dried her. It was the first time using the Ultimate Detailer spray as it does make it a little slick and brought out the shine.
Now the paint correction that’s needed, I usually wash, clay bar with Detailer spray(basic) for lubrication, then what corrects the paint is Meguiars M105 w/ orange pad, then Megs M205 w/ white pad, then top of with wax of your choice or sealant. The M105/205 works wonders! If paint is not too bad, you can skip the M105 as it’s a more aggressive compound. I use a Griots DA polisher for the job with 5” backing plate on 6” pads. I’m expecting a Lake Country 3.5” foam pad kit with everything I need to do small areas like window pillars, edges of bumpers, etc. I use AutoGeek or Amazon for supplies. I just learn to use some sanding paper for wet sanding and will start tackling any scratches on my vehicles. I’m probably will be fine with just 3000 grit wet sanding follow up with M105/205 combo.

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
Wow, the photo after you used CG Barebones is impressive. Those wheel wells look factory fresh.

The tires and wheels look awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Thanks Bob! I hope it holds up and I can’t wait to use it on my new to me ‘19 Trail Boss undercarriage that’s visible.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I made a new bracket to relocate the ac idler pulley down for more compressor belt wrap. Much better now! Then got to actually wash both my truck and cobra at the same time, never happens. Probably gonna rain now.
20200716_173610.jpeg
20200716_201457.jpeg
20200716_201634.jpeg

phil a

Established Member
Great looking car! I think we must have twins separated at birth lol. I went 15x10 and 15x4s, same tear backspacing. I used 0.25” spacers, especially to clear the front calipers, which still needed a little clearancing.

I do the exact steps in detailing and also use the Griots polisher. I think it makes sense to get a 3.5” polisher for the smaller spots, so I might buy one before I do it next time. A lot of work, and the black gets dirty again so quick, but really is rewarding when you’re all finished.

Attachments

• E5552A18-D5B0-4D63-BD90-E963F2FC71A0.jpeg
    E5552A18-D5B0-4D63-BD90-E963F2FC71A0.jpeg
    598.9 KB · Views: 139

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
Great looking car! I think we must have twins separated at birth lol. I went 15x10 and 15x4s, same tear backspacing. I used 0.25” spacers, especially to clear the front calipers, which still needed a little clearancing.

I do the exact steps in detailing and also use the Griots polisher. I think it makes sense to get a 3.5” polisher for the smaller spots, so I might buy one before I do it next time. A lot of work, and the black gets dirty again so quick, but really is rewarding when you’re all finished.
It's definitely rewarding once it is done.

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Love me some FR500s! Have them on my Sonic Blue!
I love them too. I keep looking for new rims but nothing catches my eye like they do. Funny part is I got called out on Instagram once because they were too basic and I was told I was the only Cobra owner that liked them. A few of my friends proved him wrong quickly.

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
I love them too. I keep looking for new rims but nothing catches my eye like they do. Funny part is I got called out on Instagram once because they were too basic and I was told I was the only Cobra owner that liked them. A few of my friends proved him wrong quickly.

Basic? Bunch of savages! I've gone over the scenario a bunch. I think, I will only get rid of the 500s for BBS RKs or CCW Classic. And we both know how much they are. Mine have been on since 2005 and I still think they look great.

prs97

Established Member
Got the car out of storage over the weekend. Felt great to get behind the wheel and listen to the rumbling. Hard not to get that sh*t eating grin on my face when mashing the throttle.

I did a bunch of maintenance over the winter and now that it's back in the garage, it's time for a set of tires.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Went to local cars and coffee at a Ford dealership.
View attachment 1652641
That looked like a good size event. Did your Cobra get the deserved scads of attention? I see that you removed the under-hood blanket.

Drove to Az last night to visit family. Its about a 300 mile trip. Today I put it on the lift and greased the upper rear control arm bushings and replaced the manifold to mid pipe gasket in the hopes of fixing another issue. Also cleaned the tail pipes while I was there. View attachment 1652657View attachment 1652658
Nice looking Mystichrome! That's YOUR lift?

Users who are viewing this thread