What did you do for your Terminator today?

CustomX

Established Member
Drove it to work today and broke another clutch cable :mad:

IMG_5041.jpg

CustomX

Established Member
Another? Something isn't adjusted or lining up right.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

This will be the third one. Never had an issue with the stock clutch. First one broke with the stock quadrant, second one was the UPR quadrant kit & aftermarket cable and this last one was an OEM cable from ford. Pretty sure it has to do with the clutch that's in the car. It's got a centerforce that is incredibly stiff. It always breaks right at the quadrant.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Drove mine a few weeks ago. Sad that was the first time since June it had been on the road. Might try and take it out Friday we will see if the weather holds. Contemplating letting it go since I don't drive it hardly anymore

Joe

CustomX

Established Member
Drove mine a few weeks ago. Sad that was the first time since June it had been on the road. Might try and take it out Friday we will see if the weather holds. Contemplating letting it go since I don't drive it hardly anymore

Joe

This past year the only time I really drive it is up onto the trailer, at the race track and back onto the trailer. First time I'm actually nice to it and drive it normal on the street it breaks on me lol.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
This will be the third one. Never had an issue with the stock clutch. First one broke with the stock quadrant, second one was the UPR quadrant kit & aftermarket cable and this last one was an OEM cable from ford. Pretty sure it has to do with the clutch that's in the car. It's got a centerforce that is incredibly stiff. It always breaks right at the quadrant.

Is it breaking the end off or breaking near the firewall???

cj428mach

Established Member

Joe

Need to throw some mods at it.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Last one broke right on the bend of the quadrant. This one looks like it may be in the same place. Almost like the quadrant itself is eating thru the cables.

View attachment 1613640
most of them need some combination of washers to make sure it is lined up with the adjuster, otherwise it will keep eating through cables right at the area you circled

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Last one broke right on the bend of the quadrant. This one looks like it may be in the same place. Almost like the quadrant itself is eating thru the cables.

View attachment 1613640

most of them need some combination of washers to make sure it is lined up with the adjuster, otherwise it will keep eating through cables right at the area you circled

Thats exactly whats happening, your alignment is off so the quadrant is rubbing on the cable which is cutting it. Its a PITA but you need to shim the quadrant so the cable is right in the center and not rubbing the edges of the groove in the quadrant.

CustomX

Established Member
Yeah, I remember reading that years ago when I put the quadrant kit in it and I did put a few washers in it but it was such a PITA I wasn't sure if i got it right or not. Guess I didn't lol. Thanks for the info guys I'll have to take another look at it when I put it back in! I'll probably pull the seat out this go around to make it a little easier.

blownfox

Established Member

Joe

I've been thinking the same way, but my wife keeps saying no. I have not driven my car in 3 or 4 weeks and I'm pretty sure Aaron has been driving by my house. If you are out driving your car Friday and can swing by, I'm just on the north side of 21St in Lakeway addition in cornerstone.

cj428mach

Established Member
I've been thinking the same way, but my wife keeps saying no. I have not driven my car in 3 or 4 weeks and I'm pretty sure Aaron has been driving by my house. If you are out driving your car Friday and can swing by, I'm just on the north side of 21St in Lakeway addition in cornerstone.

If you sell let me know, I want to try to buy your 18inch chrome reps.

blownfox

Established Member
If you sell let me know, I want to try to buy your 18inch chrome reps.

I'll let you know. The only problem is I own the cobra out right and when looking at HC and CTSV, I would have to take out a loan. I have fun with the car and its great to drive on date night. My work is also moving to a bad area of town so not sure I'll be taking it to work anymore.

Maybe an E85 tune and or a 93 (E30) will change my mind.

BoostedSVT03

Established Member
Decided to save my mint OEM Headlights and put a set of these clear corner lights in. I love the look just wish the quality was similar to OE.

Long story short, pulled the cover back, put these in and plugged in the battery tender.

I’m starting to hoard OEM parts
9a7f6416d83a5142c3b8443434eb729e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread