What did you do for your Terminator today?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
A new acquaintance has scales. He decided to pull them out today so I went threw it on to see how fat it really is. 3690lbs with a full tank of gas.
5e6bd0ab202e467e91daaa7cc4dff176.jpg
655c327244179766dbb34a78c6a15331.jpg

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
A new acquaintance has scales. He decided to pull them out today so I went threw it on to see how fat it really is. 3690lbs with a full tank of gas.

Nice heavy-bag in the garage. Do you kick too or just box?

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
Replaced the front and rear spring isolators with MM's Urethane Isolators. The stock isolators were over 15 years old. The bottom rear isolators were chewed up, while the other's were in decent shape. I'll wait till the springs settle down, then I'll see how much wheel gap I gained. I could only get one finger in there before.
edited-image_zps7fqw43ca.png

edited-image_zpslhcdhn6c.png

cj428mach

Established Member
Installed my new fore hat with dual 465s i got from Malcolm. I installed the hat with no leaks and gas gauge reading exactly the same as before the work was started. I then filled up the tank and heard a clank, the gauge read empty. Errrrrrrrrr! I pulled the hat and the sending unit had come unclipped, apparently i didn't get it on all the way.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Saw a small puddle of antifreeze under my coupe over the weekend, looks like the actual radiator fins have a slight leak somewhere.

Now I get to figure out what radiator to replace the obsolete stock unit... Unless it can be repaired - do places still even repair radiators anymore?

Weird cuz my other car has almost twice the mileage and the radiator is still fine.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Have you done any coolant flush/fills? It will make your components last much longer.

yup, i flush the cooling system every two years. hmmm maybe that's it, i have done the one car bi-annually since it was brand new, but the other one sat in storage for most of its life.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Saw a small puddle of antifreeze under my coupe over the weekend, looks like the actual radiator fins have a slight leak somewhere.

Now I get to figure out what radiator to replace the obsolete stock unit... Unless it can be repaired - do places still even repair radiators anymore?

Weird cuz my other car has almost twice the mileage and the radiator is still fine.

I think if you poke around you can still find radiator repair shops. I've had the best luck with the ones that look like holes in the wall. Not trying to be insulting, just my experience.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I think if you poke around you can still find radiator repair shops. I've had the best luck with the ones that look like holes in the wall. Not trying to be insulting, just my experience.

sometimes those are some of the best places! they usually charge a fair price too, don't overcharge like alot of places.

a couple years ago in dana point i found a tucked away machine shop that looked like it had been there for a hundred years. the old guy charge behind the counter looked at the bushing i needed to be pressed, said "sure, $5."

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
sometimes those are some of the best places! they usually charge a fair price too, don't overcharge like alot of places.

a couple years ago in dana point i found a tucked away machine shop that looked like it had been there for a hundred years. the old guy charge behind the counter looked at the bushing i needed to be pressed, said "sure, $5."

Last time I needed a radiator repaired I could barely understand the guy. But he replaced both tanks and rodded out the core for like $100.

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Had some work that needed to be done to my F150 so into the garage I went to grab some tools. As I was rummaging through my tool chest I heard my neighbor start up his black notch then proceed to "clean" off his tires followed by a rip down our street. First thought was "what an asshole" followed by that seems like a good idea..... Too early though as the roads are still crap. Soon enough...........

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Had some work that needed to be done to my F150 so into the garage I went to grab some tools. As I was rummaging through my tool chest I heard my neighbor start up his black notch then proceed to "clean" off his tires followed by a rip down our street. First thought was "what an asshole" followed by that seems like a good idea..... Too early though as the roads are still crap. Soon enough...........

What did you do to your F150 dip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
5100's in the rear, black F150 fender emblems and the coupler holding the heat shield on the cross pipe broke off creating an annoying rattle. Ripped the coupler off and replaced it with a exhaust clamp I had laying around.

5100’s hands down are the best mod I’ve done so far. I did the rears and paid a local performance shop to do the fronts. Can you post a pic of the emblems? Weather here or in the truck thread? I’m considering them, I think it would match my ruby paint well. Are they a pita to put on?

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
5100’s hands down are the best mod I’ve done so far. I did the rears and paid a local performance shop to do the fronts. Can you post a pic of the emblems? Weather here or in the truck thread? I’m considering them, I think it would match my ruby paint well. Are they a pita to put on?

Just updated the Truck thread for you

Users who are viewing this thread