What did you do for your Terminator today?

MG0h3

Established Member
I just do it for a piece of mind. I've always stored it with 91 non oxygenated fuel. I'm sure it would be fine with e85.

This is basically the only time my car gets a tank of 91. But I may run it longer as I have another 340 city miles of clutch break in.

I've also heard running 91-93 periodically isn't a bad idea. However, I'll never go into boost on it anymore.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Do you change the pulley or just the tune?

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you change the pulley or just the tune?

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Normally I just change the tune. But this time I also changed the pulley. Don't need my carbinite coated pulley wearing the belt more than it needs to.

Pics from today. I really want to put those wrinkle black valve covers on.

IMG_20181029_125156589_zpshaouanv8.jpg

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Normally I just change the tune. But this time I also changed the pulley. Don't need my carbinite coated pulley wearing the belt more than it needs to.

Pics from today. I really want to put those wrinkle black valve covers on.

View attachment 1525560

Would a space heater make it more bearable? The long winter would be a good time to tackle that project.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Would a space heater make it more bearable? The long winter would be a good time to tackle that project.
Not really. I've tried doing stuff in the past with a little heater. But a non insulated nor heated garage gets pretty cold in Minnesota. I have plans for a new garage, but it's probably a few years out.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Ya screw that then. Cool thing here is when its 35*, dry, and sunny which is most of the winter. Windows down, heater on, runs like a banshee!
That's like July here. :D

What’s the theory on not storing it full of e85? I’ve had e85 in jugs and in the gas tank for months and it never went bad. Hell I dropped a tank with a low level of e85 like less than an 1/8 that sat for a year and it appeared perfectly fine. Tank was spotless and still “smelled fresh”. I should’ve tested it, stupid me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not as big of a deal in a drier climate.

Ethanol fuel - Wikipedia

Ethanol is hygroscopic, meaning it absorbs water vapor directly from the atmosphere. Because absorbed water dilutes the fuel value of the ethanol and may cause phase separation of ethanol-gasoline blends (which causes engine stall), containers of ethanol fuels must be kept tightly sealed. This high miscibility with water means that ethanol cannot be efficiently shipped through modern pipelines, like liquid hydrocarbons, over long distances.[29]

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
What’s the theory on not storing it full of e85? I’ve had e85 in jugs and in the gas tank for months and it never went bad. Hell I dropped a tank with a low level of e85 like less than an 1/8 that sat for a year and it appeared perfectly fine. Tank was spotless and still “smelled fresh”. I should’ve tested it, stupid me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The ethanol will pull moisture from the air and it can cause problems. I always do close to full with a stabilizer, to limit headspace and moisture collection. Hell, I add stabilizer to any fuel for yard tools as well. Those take the winter off too.
Replied before I read all of the replies...haha

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
View attachment 1525593 View attachment 1525594 This past weekend reversed the snakes back to stock after shop got them reversed.. Drove her down to SD for some sunset shots next to the water...

That's awesome David. I thought I recognized the background. Stayed in that hotel a couple years ago when I went to my very first Mustang's by the Bay show. Great time!!!!

San Diego Back drop.JPG

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Hardly ever see pictures of yours. Looks great! I always keep thinking you have a black one with your username.

Thanks Bdubbs. I kept the same username when I joined I had a black 2001 Cobra. Couple more below.

a64ef93ec4fa2b35138786da085ff9c7.jpg

479a43fa191b487572da2e1dd023a38c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
What shifter are you using for the 6R80?

Stock 99-04 shifter with matching cable(XR3Z7E395-AA). PBH trans shift lever. Stock f-150 cable bracket modded. Had to trim and split the 99-04 shifter base (2 small rivets) then Sandwiched them between the original shifter base hole on the car. No modification to the car itself just the parts.
DSC05540.JPG

My screw up

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
What shifter are you using for the 6R80?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Stock 99-04 shifter with matching cable(XR3Z7E395-AA). PBH trans shift lever. Stock f-150 cable bracket modded. Had to trim and split the 99-04 shifter base (2 small rivets) then Sandwiched them between the original shifter base hole on the car. No modification to the car itself just the parts.
DSC05540.JPG

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
I still don't know. it looks clean but a little too V-sixy. I want to go with the Hurst quarter stick. But I have the stock 1 pretty much mocked up. All the brackets and shift cable gets me into all the gears like it should.

Users who are viewing this thread