What did I do wrong?

YJSONLY

Established Member
So wife and I was driving in city 30 miles from the house. City cop pulled me over. (I knew it was coming as he was following me I was just trying to get Mouchi for the prego wife. No crazy driving or any moving violations.
I rolled down window. Stuck both hands out window in a downward motion.
Cop: license and I will tell you why I stopped you.
Me: ok here it is sir .
Cop: are you the registered owner of this 2015 f350? Your tint is illegal and I don't care but that's not why I stopped you.
Me: yes sir (never asked for insurance or registration) I have a second I'd if you need my Cwp but I am not carrying.
Cop: no Id all I need. well there have been many super duty stolen around here lately.
Most have guns in the trucks that are the owners.
Me: o ok. Then we start chatting about super duty there turbo costs and such. I thank him and tell him to stay safe!

I just wanted to share a positive note about a encounter with the popo. I have several friends who wear the badge. So some of my "stop manners" have came from talking to them........ And not once did I get shot at or thrown to the ground and handcuffed!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Let's see, you pulled over when lit up, you obeyed officers requested and commands. You didn't get a ticket for obeying commands.. Hmm seems legit.. Might be onto something there lol.

Zemedici

Established Member
I got pulled over this morning because a GSP officer saw me fumbling with my seatbelt as I pulled out of my neighborhood. Damn lazy pretensioner mod strikes again!

He typed 'Driver admitted he didn't put on the seatbelt until he saw me' - which I never said...hahaha Oh well

Glad your experience was better! Least mine's just a $15 ticket..

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Let's see, you pulled over when lit up, you obeyed officers requested and commands. You didn't get a ticket for obeying commands.. Hmm seems legit.. Might be onto something there lol.

Not only that, but you were cordial to boot.

I cant imagine how this would go for many anti LEO guys that dont treat officers like humans and instantly go on the defense like some rabid lawyer.

TaraFirma

Established Member
Respect, Tact, and Class always gets better results than the Anti LEO response of: "Wat'd yo bitch ass pull me over fo? I ain't did shit mother****er!!"

Not only that, but you were cordial to boot.

I cant imagine how this would go for many anti LEO guys that dont treat officers like humans and instantly go on the defense like some rabid lawyer.

Plenty of people are cordial to cops and are still ticketed.

Many drive through real small towns and are ticketed because that small town is searching for every means possible to generate revenue. Maybe in a utopian society your being cordial campaign would bear much fruit, but in reality and all practical terms, it guarantees you nothing.

But I guess in candyland Cali where people are out in la la land most of the time, you don't get that being cordial gets you zip, UNLESS you actually live in said town where you got pulled over in.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Many drive through real small towns and are ticketed because that small town is searching for every means possible to generate revenue. Maybe in a utopian society your being cordial campaign would bear much fruit, but in reality and all practical terms, it guarantees you nothing.

But I guess in candyland Cali where people are out in la la land most of the time, you don't get that being cordial gets you zip, UNLESS you actually live in said town where you got pulled over in.

Have you done any research regarding this "revenue" stream from petty speeding tickets and such?

I too used to believe traffic violations were simply revenue enforcement.

Its not. It doesnt generate nearly what you think it does. If anything, its a waste of time/money for law enforcement to even waste time on small scale traffic enforcement, when all is said and done do you think your $200 fine for going 15mph over pays for the 6-8hrs of LEO, judge and administrative time to process your ticket? It likely breaks even, if that, and thats where your real argument against its use should lie. The real punishment is not the fine you pay the state, its what you get in insurance increases if you cant keep said ticket off your record, and that generates absolutely nothing for the state.

Please, continue your ignorance elsewhere. Ill continue to live in candyland and not be a mentally inebriated redneck and do actual research on what actually generates revenue and what doesnt.

mulchman

Established Member
Have you done any research regarding this "revenue" stream from petty speeding tickets and such?

Its not. It doesnt generate nearly what you think it does. If anything, its a waste of time/money for law enforcement to even waste time on small scale traffic enforcement, when all is said and done do you think your $200 fine for going 15mph over pays for the 6-8hrs of LEO, judge and administrative time to process your ticket? It likely breaks even, if that, and thats where your real argument against its use should lie. The real punishment is not the fine you pay the state, its what you get in insurance increases if you cant keep said ticket off your record, and that generates absolutely nothing for the state.

Please, continue your ignorance elsewhere. Ill continue to live in candyland and not be a mentally inebriated redneck and do actual research on what actually generates revenue and what doesnt.

I really hate to agree with him but it does happen.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/loc...-biggest-little-traffic-ticket-farm/26685049/

You apparently don't go outside of CALI a whole lot and see what is put into 'practical practice.'

And please continue lying about what a badass, traffic ordinance observant, citizen you are.

Last edited:

YJSONLY

Established Member
I would have had to ask if my plate came back stolen or something.

I have buddies who work there and confirmed the thefts that are taking place. Either way no sweat off my back. After all the 5% tint I have could have been a ticket. But after all it's Florida and 85% of the vehicles have tint because it is hot a heck.

Woody6799

Established Member

Hmmmm funny. I work in a small town and none of this applies, gee maybe each department has a different outlook on tickets... Maybe people get tickets because sometimes what they do simply deserves a ticket, or maybe they did have an attitude, or maybe the officer was in a bad mood, and maybe, maybe, maybe, etc.... There are no guarantees as to whether or not you get a ticket, but the one thing I can guarantee is that your chances of not getting a ticket sky rocket when you are respectful, polite, and appear to have your life together.

Just my .02

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Hmmmm funny. I work in a small town and none of this applies, gee maybe each department has a different outlook on tickets... Maybe people get tickets because sometimes what they do simply deserves a ticket, or maybe they did have an attitude, or maybe the officer was in a bad mood, and maybe, maybe, maybe, etc.... There are no guarantees as to whether or not you get a ticket, but the one thing I can guarantee is that your chances of not getting a ticket sky rocket when you are respectful, polite, and appear to have your life together.

Just my .02

Couldn't agree more. Just because you are polite/respectful/nice doesn't guarantee that you won't get a ticket for an offense, BUT, it will make the probability a lot higher of getting a warning that if you act like a know it all, self-centered asshole.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
You apparently don't go outside of CALI a whole lot and see what is put into 'practical practice.'

And please continue lying about what a badass, traffic ordinance observant, citizen you are.

I dont need to venture to lesser parts of the country to know that the idea behind ticketing for revenue streams is a bunk idea founded on zero factual evidence. I have a brain and can use google and my own research to formulate opinions.

Maybe, and ill give you a maybe, small town cops like to give more tickets people speeding that are from other areas out of spite. That I can see. But those tickets actual revenue are likely a drop in the bucket. They could stop fining people for speeding, or they could double/triple fines, and it wont do a goddamn thing to revenues.

cbj5259

Established Member
I dont need to venture to lesser parts of the country to know that the idea behind ticketing for revenue streams is a bunk idea founded on zero factual evidence. I have a brain and can use google and my own research to formulate opinions.

Maybe, and ill give you a maybe, small town cops like to give more tickets people speeding that are from other areas out of spite. That I can see. But those tickets actual revenue are likely a drop in the bucket. They could stop fining people for speeding, or they could double/triple fines, and it wont do a goddamn thing to revenues.
This^. I cannot speak for other states, but in PA a traffic citation is broken down into cost sections. There is a fine section which can range from generally $25 to $500 (serious stuff like reckless driving) depending on the offense (some commercial motor carrier infractions because they are based on weight violations can range into the $1000's but very rare). Generally speaking though about 90% of all citations issued are in the $25-35 fine range. What happens next is the state adds on a $10 catastrophic fund charge to help pay for victims of MC accidents who were hit by under insured motorists. Then they add on an ambulance charge which can range anywhere from $45-75 depending on the speed (if not a speeding ticket then it's just $45). Then the district court adds a $38.50 court fee and the state adds another $10 judicial computer fund charge to pay for new court computers. On top of all that...the municipality of the police department only gets half of the FINE and the other half goes to the Commonwealth. So for a basic stop sign ticket the total cost of the ticket with the fine, added cost by the court and the state would be $128.50. Of that $128.50, the municipality of the police officer that wrote the ticket gets a whopping $12.50. At my salary level, my hourly rate breaks down to about $43 an hour. I work a 12 hour shift. In order for the municipality to make money on my ticket writing I would have to write 48 tickets per shift, every shift...lol. That doesn't even begin to address paying for my medical benefits and my OT rate (time and a half so about $64.50 an hour) when I get called to court for said tickets. I'm sure other states are similar as well. So if revenue is being made, it isn't by the department or town that is writing them, that's for certain.

Users who are viewing this thread