What determines stft during open loop?

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Thanks guys. Maybe there's a learning period involved after loading a tune but I logged again today and the stft's tightened up on cold start.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I'm not a new edge guy, but there is always a modifier for cold starts for open loop on fueling and one for spark.

You need to find those tables to correct for your setup.

decipha

Established Member
if its dumping fuel just a bit after startup but not at startup and the fuel trims are good in closed loop then that means its jumping in to closed loop too soon while the hegos are still cold

you would go kick up the closed loop delay time. A necessity when dealing with long tubes or any exhaust modifications that push the o2's farther back making them take longer to warm up.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
if its dumping fuel just a bit after startup but not at startup and the fuel trims are good in closed loop then that means its jumping in to closed loop too soon while the hegos are still cold

you would go kick up the closed loop delay time. A necessity when dealing with long tubes or any exhaust modifications that push the o2's farther back making them take longer to warm up.
Appreciate the response. I did contact the tuner with what I was seeing. He sent a revision but didn't say what was changed and the problem appears to be fixed. It sounds like you're spot on though.

Users who are viewing this thread