What colors bring a premium?

dom418

Established Member
guys, as you guys know on the 03-04 cobra, SB, MC and CO are considered premium colors and bring more money on the market.

What 13-14 colors do the same? May be adding one and would like to buy in the most desirable color.

Thank you

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Grabber blue seems to be popular, but there really isn't any crazy unique colors on the 13/14s that people want.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I don't really see any colors on the 13/14 GT500's that would bring premiums like the CO, MC and SB did for the 03/04 Cobras. Maybe some color/stripe combos might be rare but don't see any premiums for them. I had a 2004 MC Cobra and it certainly did bring a premium when I sold it. Also had a 2014 RRM GT500 that was an additional cost color but I did not see it adding a premium for mine when sold. I would say if any color might bring a premium it would the Red Candy metallic for 2013 or the Grabber Blue on the GT500. But I don't see that in any "for sale" prices for these colors. I will be looking to get into another 13/14 GT500 sometime next year but more important than color I will be looking for lower mileage ones that are getting more difficult to find. If you are lucky enough to find a low mileage clean 13/14 GT500 buy that if you like the color.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Not so much color but the glass roof is probably the option that many will wait/search/pay premium for, obviously I’m biased as a rare glass roof blue stripe car.
Really not a bad color on these cars. As stated above, but what you like and enjoy.
Our buddy Steve on here probably has had 2 of the rarest combos with red stripes over DIB (Superman car) and then a silver stripe delete glass roof ‘14.
Silver was oddly a rare color on these cars as were stripe delete and glass roof.
Grabber blue might be a color people pay for?
-J

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Not so much color but the glass roof is probably the option that many will wait/search/pay premium for, obviously I’m biased as a rare glass roof blue stripe car.
Really not a bad color on these cars. As stated above, but what you like and enjoy.
Our buddy Steve on here probably has had 2 of the rarest combos with red stripes over DIB (Superman car) and then a silver stripe delete glass roof ‘14.
Silver was oddly a rare color on these cars as were stripe delete and glass roof.
-J

Agreed and Grabber Blue w/black stripes is at the top of the list for my next GT500 but would not turn away just about any color of an original low mileage example.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed and Grabber Blue w/black stripes is at the top of the list for my next GT500 but would not turn away just about any color of an original low mileage example.
Funny I’m not usually a red car guy but you guys with that tri-coat ruby red is amazing on these cars, I’d definitely rock a ruby, black stripe, glass roof GT500.
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
-J
Thanks man, the superman color combo was cool, especially with the super snake stripes. I think the Gray and blue stripes is a rare color combo also and I get a lot of compliments on it

50stangpower

Established Member
-J

Agreed about the glass roof. Both of mine have had it and I bought the first one just because it was a car I liked. The 2nd one was a requirement. I like the fact that it give the style of a blackout roof that is so popular these days, but also gives ton of natural light in the car when you want!

Clemson

Established Member
That ruby red is hard to beat, but like others have said, its hard to find a discernable difference in price based in color. Honestly more than any collor or option, mileage is the difference.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Thanks man, the superman color combo was cool, especially with the super snake stripes. I think the Gray and blue stripes is a rare color combo also and I get a lot of compliments on it
True. Love your new car - Gray/Blue stripes does seem to be a rare combo and my favorite as well as the GB/Black stripe combo of course!

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I can see the GB+black stripe cars being sought after as well as any glass roof cars. It Will probably be a while before people are willing to pay a premium for them though. As said above its becoming harder to find clean low mileage cars, I know from my recent search over the past several months

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I think at the end of the day the build of the car will do more to determine the 'rarity' of combo.

For example, it seems my car was like 1 of 250 built in 2011. Race Red coupe, white stripe with SVT Perf Pack as the only options. No Nav, dual zone climate, seat heaters or Shaker 1000.

Compared to 2500+ Race Red with SVT PP and navigation. Search for factory stripe deletes and the number built drops considerably.

Probably at least 20 years away from these build quantities impacting value based on rarity. I could be wrong though.

Clemson

Established Member
Mine is at most 1 of 47 (cant break the options down any more than that). And the 24th overall production 2013 GT500 off the line. Maybe that will be worth something someday, maybe not.

Breitling

Established Member
Cool topic. I referenced the 2014 GT500 Total Production stats for this information which I found interesting. There were a total of 5,730 2014 GT500s produced in the following colors (4,816 were coupes and 914 were convertibles):

1 (0.02%) - HD - Gotta Have it Green
193 (3.37%) - CI - Grabber Blue
266 (4.64%) - UX - Ingot Silver Metallic
512 (8.94%) - PQ - Race Red
608 (10.61%) - J4 - Deep Impact Blue Metallic
692 (12.08%) - UJ - Sterling Gray Metallic
728 (12.70%) - RR - Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
771 (13.45%) - YZ - Oxford White
1,959 (34.19%) - UA - Black

Users who are viewing this thread