What Color?

BlkSVTCobra

Established Member
I am getting my 2003 Cobra repainted this fall. Its color now is black and black shows every flaw, rock chips, and is just a pain in the ass to keep up with. Not to mention the awesome Florida weather (NOT!) is hell on it too. Im thinking of either these two colors, give your opinion;

Sonic Blue or Dark Shadow Gray ?

dfw99cobra

Established Member
+ I think I'm number 4 for DSG

I have no idea where my passion for this color comes from but God I love it.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
If you are going to repaint it, why dont you paint it a cool color no-one else has...like a coppery orange or something :).

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
What about green? If you are hung up on a stock cobra color I'd have to go for SB, but since you are gonna pay for a color change I'd go for something unique.

I always liked that bright blue the 98 cobras came in....

01SlobraVert

Girlie Poster!
Established Member
Personally my fav color would have to be SB, but the DSG is gorgeous 2. It also would hide scratches better and not look so dirty. I'd probaby have to go with the DSG, although I'm on the fence.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
DSG, but I'm biased. I'll send you some sweet ass pics if you PM me your email. The color isn't shown very well in pics either, its 10x better in person.

MikeDoom

Dedicated Gamer
Established Member
BlkSVTCobra said:
I am getting my 2003 Cobra repainted this fall. Its color now is black and black shows every flaw, rock chips, and is just a pain in the ass to keep up with. Not to mention the awesome Florida weather (NOT!) is hell on it too. Im thinking of either these two colors, give your opinion;

Sonic Blue or Dark Shadow Gray ?

Sonic blue shows every single imperfection or rain spot just as bad as black in my opinion. My cobra is sonic blue, and unless it is freshly washed and waxed, it always looks dirty to me. My wife won't wash her black f150 for like 3 months and I swear it doesn't look as bad as my sonic blue if it just sits outside for a couple of nights. I guess it's just the price I pay for having my favorite color on my favorite car.

MikeDoom

Dedicated Gamer
Established Member
Oh, since other people are posting different colors you could get it painted, chew on this...
There was a completely badass strawberry reddish color they made for (I think) the old foxbodies called "wildberry". That would look awesome.

BlkSVTCobra

Established Member
Do you have a picture of this, wildberry? I think im leaning towards DSG, I use to own a 04' Roush S1 in DSG and it was Nasty! I loved the color. I just got a good deal on the black 03 and plus more power and the whole deal. Only catch it wasnt a color i really wanted.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
If you want a factory color, I say DSG. Of course I'm biased. I've owned several black vehicles, and while nothing looks better than a clean, swirl-free black vehicle, it just shows dirt and chips etc. too easily. DSG is IMO, the best of both worlds. It's a beautiful dark color, and it hides dirt VERY well.

Users who are viewing this thread