What color to order?

Blown 330

Pimp
Established Member
I'm getting ready to order a 22. I was all set on going with rapid red and black stripes, but after seeing the new colors for 22, I'm now considering either Atlas blue or oil slick purple (mischievous purple metallic) both with black stripes. I know I can easily go to a Ford dealer and see something in Atlas blue but no clue what the purple will look like, just the few pics online. Has anyone seen it in person or other pics besides that one Mustang? Any opinions on this? Am I crazy for considering a purple GT 500? Lol

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Hey! no. lol if I was doing a 22 order, I would get a purple one with hesitation.

But again, I like stand out colours.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Rapid Red or Oil Slick Blue-Purple for me.
Possibly Carbonized Grey with Black matte stripes as well.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Eruption Green

1642639147758.jpeg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Colors like red, blue, black, white and silver never go out of style. Colors like green, purple and orange are hit or miss.

For example, I don't think many people want an orange Mustang, but everyone seems to want a competition orange Terminator.

A lot of people seem to desire the Plumb Crazy on the 70s Challenger.

I do think you're crazy for considering a purple GT500 lol, but it could turn out to be one of the most desirable in the future if history has taught us anything when it comes to limited production Mustangs.

It's a roll of the dice right now, so I say get the color that gets you excited.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oxford White. No stripes, no nothin'. Let the cars body lines and mystique speak for itself.

View attachment 1734955
That does look mean in such a great way. I'd take mine just as seen in the photo.

It's a shame we can't see an actual example of the Oil Slick Blue (purple). It seems to be a great choice, but I'd want to see an example bigger than the size of a blackboard eraser before I'd commit. There are other equally great 2022 colors.

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member
Love the iconic silver with black stripes and the white with Kona stripes but both colors have been out since 2020. Id go with one of the new colors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CobraVert97

C O B R A
Established Member
That does look mean in such a great way. I'd take mine just as seen in the photo.

It's a shame we can't see an actual example of the Oil Slick Blue (purple). It seems to be a great choice, but I'd want to see an example bigger than the size of a blackboard eraser before I'd commit. There are other equally great 2022 colors.
Not my shot but only one I’ve seen circulating online

Attachments

• 2DA63CCC-9F9D-4A1E-B79C-70C79ED4A6C8.jpeg
    2DA63CCC-9F9D-4A1E-B79C-70C79ED4A6C8.jpeg
    433.4 KB · Views: 265

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That’s the first good photo I’ve seen. I REALLY like it. Unique and awesome. I can see why it’s called Oil Slick Blue-Purple.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
That's from the small Ford media event Ford held in suburban Michigan where they also introduced the GT500 Heritage Edition. I have a friend that had a contact at Ford there that sent a few quick ones.

IMG_5616.jpg

IMG_5619.jpg

IMG_5613a.jpg

IMG_5621.a.jpg

IMG_5628.a.jpg

CobraVert97

C O B R A
Established Member
That's from the small Ford media event Ford held in suburban Michigan where they also introduced the GT500 Heritage Edition. I have a friend that had a contact at Ford there that sent a few quick ones.

View attachment 1739458

View attachment 1739459

View attachment 1739460

View attachment 1739461

View attachment 1739462
Nice. Saw those posted on another site. Was about to pull the trigger on ordering a Mischievous Purple GT from Lebanon Ford with Roush Phase 2 supercharger but decided to order ‘22 Atlas Blue/white stripe GT500 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread