What can I do?

snake8u

Established Member
I have installed a T-45 out of a 2001 Cobra in my 98 and the speedo does not word correctly. Does anyone know of a way to get this to work? The 98 is driven by a gear, but the 2001 gets its readings from a sensor. The plug in is the same but something is not working with the other.:cryying:

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
The 99 up t-45's used electronic speedo as opposed to the older gear driven, dunno if chippin it would help, or usin something like speedcal or abbots speed compensator I'd suggest calling them up, and asking. speed cal is Dallas Mustang. Also is it really a t-45? I was under the impression that '01 cobras had the fancy dancy junk of a tremec 3560. If it is a t-45 I believe the drain plug is on the side as opposed to the bottom(dont quote me). '99 t-45's are great trannies, tho.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
The TR-3650 is what came in the 2001 Cobras, and 2001 mid year and up GT's as well.

The earlier T-45's still have the VSS wiring on the side. You said the plug hooked right in? There may be a wire that needs to be repositioned in the plug.

Users who are viewing this thread