What bushing is this on the rear of an 01' COBRA?

Saint

Established Member
I'm in the middle of doing bushings for my 01.....my cross axis joints are trash so I need to replace them, but I have a quick question......how do you know if the hub and the knuckle bearing are still good?

hotcobra03

Established Member
I'm in the middle of doing bushings for my 01.....my cross axis joints are trash so I need to replace them, but I have a quick question......how do you know if the hub and the knuckle bearing are still good?

Once axle is off you can spin bearing by hand

You need a press to change them

FWIW they aren’t expensive if you can do the work

52merc

Established Member
I just changed mine when I rebuilt my knuckles. Got Timken (which is what the OEs were) on Amazon and they were not expensive. You definitely need a press to change them (which I luckily have). If you can find a buddy with a press then definitely change them out. Although both of my OE bearings were still good as far as a rotational test, one was leaking a little from the seal.

Badaz01

Established Member
I just got done doing the complete full tilt boogie irs kit with the cross axis bushings and the sway bar end links. I can’t wait till summer to really get to try them out. Threw a set of 410 gears in it while we were at it and a upr chromoly k member and control arms. Only got to drive it 3.5 miles straight to my garage due to crappy southwestern pa weather

52merc

Established Member
I'm like you. I have a bunch of parts to rebuild the front suspension and have already done the FTBR on the IRS. Here mine sits.
Winter Cobra.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread