What Boost-A-Pump do I need for e85?

thebuffalo11

Established Member
Going e85 with id1000.. What BAP do I need? Single, dual? 20v, 40v?

I was told a 20v but can only find dual 40v online..?

Provide link or Part #?

Thanks guys.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Going e85 with id1000.. What BAP do I need? Single, dual? 20v, 40v?

I was told a 20v but can only find dual 40v online..?

Provide link or Part #?

Thanks guys.

Depends on the year of your car. Regardless of the year, it's a dual, but.......

1. You can't safely run e85 on anything except a 13-14 GT500 with fuel pump boosters and big injectors. All other years need a return style fuel system.

2. IF you're running a 13-14, here's what you need-

http://vmptuning.com/fuel-system/vmpamppnp2/

Plug n Play. 10 minute installation. 2 stand alone units for true redundancy. The chances of having a dual failure...ever....is minuscule at worst. This same system works for 07-10 as well. No pressure switches to screw with, no lag due a pressure switch, 17V nominal with 20v optional.

3. If you have an 11-12, there is a difference in the fuel system and it requires this system-

http://vmptuning.com/07-12-gt500-fuel-system/vmpamppnp-y/

Less dough because there's only one physical box and dual PNP harnesses that split to the FPDMs. Not fully redundant, so more like K-B except this is plug n play, no switch, etc.

Talk to your tuner about running e85. Or, feel free to call us for some counsel you will find helpful.

(321) 206-9369 (Mon-Fri, eastern time)

bj

jonw605

Established Member
"1. You can't safely run e85 on anything except a 13-14 GT500 with fuel pump boosters and big injectors. All other years need a return style fuel system."

BJ you tuned my '11 to run on e85 with a BAP and ID 1000's. What gives? Makes me nervous to have you post this...

Last edited:

jazz

Established Member
i know someone else too who has their tune and been running e85 with just bap and id1000. Are there any other differences between the 13/14's and the 07-12s besides the fuel pumps?? I thought 13/14 is able to run e85 with just bap and id1000 because it has gt pumps...

builttodrive

Established Member
"1. You can't safely run e85 on anything except a 13-14 GT500 with fuel pump boosters and big injectors. All other years need a return style fuel system."

BJ you tuned my '11 to run on e85 with a BAP and ID 1000's. What gives? Makes me nervous to have you post this...

I second that!

VNMOUS1

Established Member

Feel free to call me and discuss what you ordered. 321 206-9369 x 112

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Why not tell everyone why it was fine before but not fine now? That's what I don't understand...
Because cars, configurations, intended usage, fuels, etc vary. And because things are taken as gospel and that they are applicable to every situation. They're not.

I'm offering specific assistance. If you'd like it, you're welcome to call.

You hit the nail on the head when you said "why not tell everyone..."

Because someone is going to have something slightly different and potentially have an issue by following a global statement.

We provide one on one, personal technical assistance. If you want non-specific, global opinions you can find them everywhere.

Last edited:

gearhead08

Established Member
Because cars, configurations, intended usage, fuels, etc vary. And because things are taken as gospel and that they are applicable to every situation. They're not.

I'm offering specific assistance. If you'd like it, you're welcome to call.

You hit the nail on the head when you said "why not tell everyone..."

Because someone is going to have something slightly different and potentially have an issue by following a global statement.

We provide one on one, personal technical assistance. If you want non-specific, global opinions you can find them everywhere.

Well I guess you are right, because I too bought the same things off a global statement you made way back when (http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/6-performance-modifications/55162-what-does-take-swap-over-e85.html). Well at least you figured out a problem that every car was not reacting the same way and stopped telling people it would work for all setups. That was my only curiosity and you answered it. First/Last time I ever called you, you were quite grumpy because it was 8:40 p.m. in Arizona and I just moved there from Florida (10:40 p.m.) and I completely forgot about the time change. I was deeply sorry, but I think the lecturing I received was more than enough talking to you. I have done my research no advice is needed. Thank You. Have a great day.

Last edited:

devilish64

Established Member
i have noticed that the ID1000/ boost a pump setup is definitley not recomended nearly as much as when i first started doing research on running E85 in a 07-12 shelby.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Well I guess you are right, because I too bought the same things off a global statement you made way back when (http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/6-performance-modifications/55162-what-does-take-swap-over-e85.html). Well at least you figured out a problem that every car was not reacting the same way and stopped telling people it would work for all setups. That was my only curiosity and you answered it. First/Last time I ever called you, you were quite grumpy because it was 8:40 p.m. in Arizona and I just moved there from Florida (10:40 p.m.) and I completely forgot about the time change. I was deeply sorry, but I think the lecturing I received was more than enough talking to you. I have done my research no advice is needed. Thank You. Have a great day.
Asked and answered. Happy to assist.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread