What bolt-ons? etc...

Spyderman25

Established Member
Wsup fellas,
So i'm really interested in modding a 03 cobra to around 500whp/500lbs. I have been reading a lot of posts but haven't really found the solid answers i'm looking for. My questions:

1) What are the gains from aftermarket exhaust/headers/midpipes? i live in cali so i'd have to have cats at least (i can get around the visual). Do the stock manifolds,midpipes and exhaust flow well or are aftermarket exhaust parts the way to go?

2) What exactly would it take to get to 500whp/500tq? which bolt ons, etc?

I'll appreciate all the advice and i am sry for the newbie questions :shrug:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Ok I'll try but I might leave something out.

1. 2.93/4lb. lower combos with all the idlers
2. Good cold air kit. I like my K&N FIPK II but there are plenty more
3. Catted mid/x-pipe
4. Good after-cat exhaust
5. SCT x-cal II with a custom tune or if it's a mail order at least dyno'd to check a/f ratio
6. Ported supercharger/ go with Steigmeyer here as he's the best and backs his work like no other
6 1/2. Ported throttle body/plenum or a ACCUFAB big bore single blade
7. If you get to 500 that is and want to do it safely SCT2400 Big Air
8. 60lb. injectors
9. twin gt pumps
10. modified FPDM
11. Heat Exchanger
12. While the blowers off the head cooling mod.

That's all I can think of for now. You might get away without some of that stuff but it you want to do it right and have it as safe as you can then that's pretty much it. With all of this you should be damn close IMHO! Last thing is it sucks you're in Cali!

Last edited:

Spyderman25

Established Member
thanks for the quick reply... you didnt mention headers, was that on purpose? are they common upgrades? also, how do i get in touch with/find Steigmeyer?

thanks again, your info was really helpful!!

Spyderman25

Established Member
p.s... yeah, it does suck that i live in cali... its basically a prison without walls... whatever, i'm going to the beach :coolman:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I can't say on the headers yet. I'm doing before and after dyno sessions of just a header install within the next couple of weeks. All I know is they're a lot of money for supposedly not much power increase. Also they're a pain in the rear to install. Steigmeyer is a vendor on here so he's easy to track down. All of the other stuff you can get from one of our vendors. Me, I like Lethal Performance. I don't know if you can find the stuff cheaper than them if you look everywhere but you get what you pay for. That's where I get almost all of my stuff!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Also if you want to start out on a budget go with this.
1. 2.93/4lb.
2. Catted mid/x-pipe
3. after cat
4. Cold air kit
5. SCT tuner
6. Probably for you in Cali. a good heat exchanger

This should get you in the 460/490 range and you won't need the rest until the port! There are two other things you need and they should be ASAP!
1. Billet Flow IRS brace! If you have wheel-hop don't drive through it let off now!
2. Subframe Connectors!

Last edited:

JMD0346

Established Member
posi said:
Ok I'll try but I might leave something out.

1. 2.93/4lb. lower combos with all the idlers
2. Good cold air kit. I like my K&N FIPK II but there are plenty more
3. Catted mid/x-pipe
4. Good after-cat exhaust
5. SCT x-cal II with a custom tune or if it's a mail order at least dyno'd to check a/f ratio
6. Ported supercharger/ go with Steigmeyer here as he's the best and backs his work like no other
6 1/2. Ported throttle body/plenum or a ACCUFAB big bore single blade
7. If you get to 500 that is and want to do it safely SCT2400 Big Air
8. 60lb. injectors
9. twin gt pumps
10. modified FPDM
11. Heat Exchanger
12. While the blowers off the head cooling mod.

That's all I can think of for now. You might get away without some of that stuff but it you want to do it right and have it as safe as you can then that's pretty much it. With all of this you should be damn close IMHO! Last thing is it sucks you're in Cali!

Dont need some of those things really but its good to go ahead and get them if you plan on going twin screw or N2O.

Pumps, injectors, larger MAF.

mike302

03BLKVENM
Established Member
I think a Dyno tune will do it, I'm about install level five halfshafts (since I just snapped mines), 3.1 upper w/4# lower, four piece idler kit from Billetflow, Single blade Accufab TB, Stage 4 Ported blower, 60lbs. injectors, Boost-a-pump, the new revised heads with a port and polish on them, and get a nice Dyno tune

I already have on my car, LFP dual pass Heat Exchanger, magnaflow off road X-pipe, magaflow catback, and a JLT CAI on my car

I was told by tuner that I'm going to be at 500+ RWHP and TQ

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Mike302 why are you doing that to your heads? You could save that money and not get the Stage IV port and pretty much pay for a KB/Whipple and make a bunch more power! I mean a bunch!

mike302

03BLKVENM
Established Member
That is what I was thinking, want to go KB or Turbo, I should recieve around $2,500-$3,500 for taxes this comming up year (Jan.-March) and I could save up some more money also!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread