What Belt? 2.76, Idlers, 4lb lower, and 3.2 alternator.

D3 Racing

Freak Show
Established Member
I know you guys probably hate getting these questions but just need a little help.

I am changing from a 2lb lower to a 4lb lower with a 3.2 alt pulley, I have a 2.76 upper and the 4 piece idler pulleys and a notched tensioner, and would like to save the numerous trips to the parts store trying to find which one works.

If anyone is looking a 2.76, with idlers, a notched tensioner, and a 2lb lower on the lower hole used a 77.2" belt.

bigmoose

Established Member
don't get a gatorback. i have the same setup. the 79" gatorback slipped like a mofo. the 79" gates works perfect.

D3 Racing

Freak Show
Established Member
I put the 4lb lower on with the lower idler in the upper position and I have a 2.76 upper and a full set of billetflow idlers.

There is no way the 79" was going on and the 79.7" had to be forced on the crank pulley while I turned the crank with a 1/2" drive ratchet but it went, nooo way that sucker is slipping now but I had to have two extra sets of hands to get it on, so for the next one I will look for something in the 80 - 80.5 range, at least for my set-up. Thanks for the help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread