What are your thoughts on a sunroof??

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
Hate that I am making a thread before I purchase a Cobra, I wanted my first thread to be me with the keys in hand but so be it.

I have been on the hunt for a Coupe and have struggled finding the one I want, whether it not be the right color, too many miles, or too many mods. Which is what leads me to make this post.

I have located a low mile 2003 coupe. Right mods, miles, and maintenance. Only thing I am hung up on is the fact it has a sunroof. Owner says it was a dealer installed option, which I seem to recall some dealers doing this, but can't say I would have ever done it myself.

Anyway, that leads me to the question... what is your all opinions on them? Do they have problems such as leaking or operation? Why would you want/not want one?

Every car I have owned (6) has had one. I like them don't get me wrong...

IMG_4206_zpskburj724.jpg

IMG_4207_zpsgcq8modi.jpg

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
What color is the car? usually I don't like them, but you can always wrap the roof black to make it blend in more. I personally don't think I'd buy the car if it had a sunroof :shrug:

svtrookie

Established Member
Personally, I could never buy an 03-04 Cobra with a sunroof. It just doesn't look right. Heck I don't even like when I see them on fox body mustangs even when it was an option. It's a shame because the seats in that car look mint!

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
Whoever the owner is swapped in 04 seats. By chance, is this car in Michigan?

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
What color is the car? usually I don't like them, but you can always wrap the roof black to make it blend in more. I personally don't think I'd buy the car if it had a sunroof :shrug:

Black, so it hides it well. And if it were a different color, sunroof or not I planned on doing a black roof.

I'm on edge whether I would buy one with a sunroof or not, kind of why I thought I would gather an opinion of others. Thanks for the feedback.

Personally, I could never buy an 03-04 Cobra with a sunroof. It just doesn't look right. Heck I don't even like when I see them on fox body mustangs even when it was an option. It's a shame because the seats in that car look mint!

I thought I felt the same. But given the low miles and condition it's really tempting. Especially since everything I have been finding recently I am not interested in. Sad, because I don't want to settle but something has to give if I am going to pick one up.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
that actually looks decent from the inside, but it is the outside that I think where it usually looks like poo. post up some pics.

the ones I've seen on lesser-trim sn95 mustangs have always looked terrible because the roof has a curve to it and the sunroofs are flat plane glass. I've never seen a cobra desecrated like this lol.

unless a manufacturer offers one from the factory, I would generally try to steer away from aftermarket sunroofs.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wouldn't buy it unless it was substantially discounted.

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
that actually looks decent from the inside, but it is the outside that I think where it usually looks like poo. post up some pics.

the ones I've seen on lesser-trim sn95 mustangs have always looked terrible because the roof has a curve to it and the sunroofs are flat plane glass. I've never seen a cobra desecrated like this lol.

unless a manufacturer offers one from the factory, I would generally try to steer away from aftermarket sunroofs.

I figure I will hear this from quite a few, and I tend to agree. Here are the exterior pictures I have.

IMG_0520_zpstqisgkld.jpg

IMG_0519_zps0h36kyjd.jpg

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I have a sunroof in my truck and love it. But I couldn't do it to the cobra. It just doesn't look right.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I am not a fan. Like said above the roof on these cars are curved and the flat sunroof just doesn't do the car justice.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
PASSSSSSSSSSSS

that sunroof kills the value of the car and I am sure will leak at some point. Not to mention threes the whole structural integrity thing.

There are too many other nice ones out there

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll continue my search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
yeah best of luck with your search :beer:

I have to say though, that is one of the best looking sunroofs I have ever seen on a sn95. I'd be curious to know who made it.

the outside doesn't look nearly as bad some of the others I've seen, and the inside could pass for factory

SlowSVT

Established Member
I think I have used the factory sunroof in my Subaru which extends to the back seat about 5-10 times a year.

Your headliner is cardboard backed, if it leaks it will ruin it and they are no longer available from Ford because I got the last one (actually 2nd to last but who's counting).

I would never cut -up the roof of this car EVER!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
No keep looking don't settle make sure it's what you want the first time. They don't look right on this body style imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dom418

Established Member
Oh hail no! Good luck trying to sell it when the time comes. Totally lowers the value. Guy should have gone full red neck and installed T Tops

Users who are viewing this thread