What are you doing to your ride before MW15?

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Any loose ends to tie up, or big projects to finish before Mustang Week comes up upon us?

I just have to do some (hopefully) small things:
1. inner tie rod ends
2. new headlights & adjust header panel
3. button up my rear bumper foam, something back there rattles sometimes
4. fix my cruise control. I hope this doesn't turn into a big deal.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I did a lot over the winter.

Painted timing cover, all the brackets, replaced all the inner pullies and tensioners, new belts, wire tucked the engine bay, PC and hydrodipped calipers, rebuilt calipers, painted and hydro dipped valve covers, custom fog bezels and grill, and ordered new wheels.

Last edited:

skipnay

Established Member
Hopefully getting this 2011 Coyote car!!!

Maybe I should've wrote that in all caps!

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Haha what didn't I do over the winter to get ready..... Built a forged short block for my car and installed it. Completely replaced my turbo kit with a different style. Just IRS swapped it again with one that wasn't bent. My re-tune is tomorrow morning. Still need to button up some wiring and cleaning up all the install, and rebuilding the rear seat delete/subwoofer box. Should be ready to go.....

03' White Snake

Established Member
I got a few more small details to cover. The biggest is to get my new wheels on. :rockon:

I cannot wait, sub 30 days and counting!!! :beer:

99NCSVT

AKA: Mustang Man
Established Member
Just finished last weekend taking the coil overs off and switching the tubular a arms out on my car for AJE units with coil spring pockets and went back with a set of H&R lowering springs with new Tokico shocks and struts, bump steer kit, new gold irritate cross drilled slotted rotors, and repainting my calipers and brackets.
Tomorrow I'm jumping on pulling the valve covers off to replace with a set of Hydro Dipped ones I had done in a Cobra snake skin pattern, and install my JLT high boost CAI, that was hydro dipped in Cobra snake skin also, and the C&L 95mm MAF meter. Gonna go ahead and service her tomorrow too with a oil change back with Royal purple. Then just gotta do a little detailing, polishing and cleaning to get her ready for the trip!

03' White Snake

Established Member
^Nice. I'll keep an eye out for your dipped VC's. I dipped mine over the winter myself with a silver CF over Oxford White. :rockon:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Pulled off the Mystichrome vinyl stripes on the hood and the rear bumper letters. Will be installing new replacements in a bit of a patriotic theme. Repainted the heat exchanger on Friday. Installed some custom build plates too.

Few more little things to get done and then give her a good, thorough cleaning.

Here is a stripeless pic of her that I took on Saturday.

IMG_20150620_133651_zpsahr56v7n.jpg
[/URL]

99NCSVT

AKA: Mustang Man
Established Member
^Nice. I'll keep an eye out for your dipped VC's. I dipped mine over the winter myself with a silver CF over Oxford White. :rockon:

Yeah man look me up down there. I'm going down on Monday the 13th and will be there til the 19th.
How are your calipers holding up hydro dipped? I wanted to do mine bad but the guy who did my valve covers for me said that it wouldn't hold up under the heat and temp that a caliper gets. Just curious how yours is holding up and how long they have been on there since you dipped them.

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
I had to pull my ProCharger D1-SC off and send it back to ProCharger for a rebuild. A seal had obviously gone bad and it needed seals and bearings. The blower will be back sometime next week and I'll get it back on. I'm also installing a mini-race bypass valve while I've got blower plumbing loose. Other than that.... new belt, oil change, and make it look like I don't neglect it.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Yeah man look me up down there. I'm going down on Monday the 13th and will be there til the 19th.
How are your calipers holding up hydro dipped? I wanted to do mine bad but the guy who did my valve covers for me said that it wouldn't hold up under the heat and temp that a caliper gets. Just curious how yours is holding up and how long they have been on there since you dipped them.

I'll be down Saturday to Saturday. I did them at the beginning of the year, I have a few hundred miles on them. Look as good as the day I finished them.

17 days till we leave... I'm getting anxious!

Hell yea, me too. 16 days and I'll be on my way down.

Last edited:

smknvette

Established Member
Picked up my 15 last friday. Tint and exhaust went on today, springs this weekend, and wheels will be here monday! Hopefully it turns out good.lol

10sec89

Established Member
silver 03svt, I look forward to seeing the car again. I had the DSG with chrome 10th's from MW 2013, parked next to ya in the field on the SVT cruise.

I just got done doing new struts, shocks, springs, tie rods, and ball joints....needs cleaned BADLY but will be ready. So stoked to be returning after last minute having to pull out last year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread