What are these tunes???

dohcramair71

Established Member
I've been trying to find out for a while what these tunes are. I bought my '11 GT with the tuner, and no information on what the specifics were because I bought it from an independent dealer who took the car in on trade. If anyone can give me some insight on these tunes, I'd really appreciate it.
tuner_zps4e53cfe2.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
The Steeda is probably a tune for their CAI. Maybe the cam tune is the ghost cam tune. Is there a tuner name that comes up when the tuner is powered up?

draxxus131

Established Member
Nothing will show the tuner name, it's meant to be incognito per-say. But yes he is correct that first tune is meant for the 95mm cold air intake kit from Steeda. The second is most likely their lope cam tune from Gus at Steeda. Are they currently loaded onto the vehicle?

dohcramair71

Established Member
Nothing will show the tuner name, it's meant to be incognito per-say. But yes he is correct that first tune is meant for the 95mm cold air intake kit from Steeda. The second is most likely their lope cam tune from Gus at Steeda. Are they currently loaded onto the vehicle?

I do have the CAI, the 1st tune is currently loaded, if I go back to stock it runs awful because of the 95mm MAF housing. I haven't tried the second one yet, I figured it was a cam lope tune, but I'm confused because the tune that's loaded now lopes too??? Could it be a modified tune? The car had no cats on it when I bought it but I changed the exhaust back to stock with Roush axle backs because it was too loud and raspy for my taste. My dilemma now is that I recently read that a cam lope tune will clog cats. I love the way it sounds, but not enough to clog my cats. badhabit2break is sending me his stock air box set up so I can at least tune back to stock till I figure this out. Is there an easy way to drop the cam lope out of the first tune, or will I need a whole new tune? Furthermore, how true is the cat clogging issue with using it?
Thanks for the input guys! I'm new to tuning and just want to make sure it's all set up right and I really don't have a reference point since I bought it used with no info other than "there's a tuning thing in the glovebox" lol!

tj@steeda

Established Member
Please give gus an email at [email protected]. He can provide you support for the tunes.

Our Cold Air Intake is effective at improving airflow into the five-liter engine that a performance tune is required ... make sure you are running the Steeda tune with the CAI.

Best Regards,

TJ

Users who are viewing this thread