What are these pipes coming out of the ground?

03 VENOM

Established Member
I had that problem too, when the washing machine drained it would come out of the powder room toilet that was right next to the laundry room. I guess they share a line. I actually poured two bottles of liquid plumber into the drain where the washing machine drain tube goes… waited a day or two and that seemed to do that trick. I was surprised because I havent had much luck with liquid plumber.
There’s a drain in the utility room with the washer and dryer. I should’ve tried liquid plumber but hopefully the plumber will get here soon.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
To OP. The issue is your washing machine is ejecting lint from gray water into your sewer system, causing the issue. Put a woman's stocking over the end of the discharge hose, about a foot long. That method only is helpful if washer discharges in a laundry tub.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
It’s weird that it only happens when they use the washing machine. I even flushed the toilets and ran the bath tub/shower. With no issues.
Yeah, nothing dumps more volume than a washing machine. When your line gets cleaned, if the guy knows what he's doing, he will ask you to fill/ dump the washer to wash everything down the line.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Here's an awkward clog story. Had a customer call me about a clog in his rental house. He meets me there and I could smell raw sewer. We walk over to his septic tank and it's all soggy around it. He says I just had the tanks pumped early this summer. I pulled the lid aside, and the whole top of the water was covered with floating condoms. This is were it gets awkward. I say, looks like someone practices safe sex. The customer flush faced white asked my to close the lid. It turns out his daughter was the tenant.

Adower

Established Member
Here's an awkward clog story. Had a customer call me about a clog in his rental house. He meets me there and I could smell raw sewer. We walk over to his septic tank and it's all soggy around it. He says I just had the tanks pumped early this summer. I pulled the lid aside, and the whole top of the water was covered with floating condoms. This is were it gets awkward. I say, looks like someone practices safe sex. The customer flush faced white asked my to close the lid. It turns out his daughter was the tenant.
PICS of daughter or its not true

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Explicitly tell them the ONLY things to be flushed are #1,#2, and toilet paper! No exceptions! If a clog is cleared and anything else is found, THEY are paying for the clean out.

No tissues, paper towels, baby wipes, flushable wipes, hair from your brush, cigarettes, food, grease poured down the drain, tampons, etc. Paper towels and tissue are super durable, and will not separate and dissolve like toilet paper, and will clog a system up in no time!

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Sorry if this was mentioned already but it could be your vent. The washing machine dumps a lot of water and if the vent is clogged the water can't evacuate fast enough. I had the same problem and it was caused because a bird made a nest on the roof vent.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Bingo… my ex-wife and daughters flushed tampons!l Cost me a fortune paying plumbers to un****. I don’t care if that shit says flushable on the box, it ain’t!!! Hell I get the cheap TP because it won’t clog the pipes…john wayne shit tickets, its rough and tough, but gets the job done!

Those stupid “flushable” wipes. My wife bought those and immediately we started having clogging issues.

Ive seen sewage cleanouts INSIDE the home. I remember a nice, big house built in the 40s or 50s had the cleanout right in the hallway between the bedrooms. Horizontal pipe, not vertical like here. Ive seen that a few times in older homes. Wtf?! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Ditto what 01yellercobra said: vents. Some drain lines have numerous vents. A clog in any one will present problems like you mentioned. If it's happening at all drains, then it's probably the vent farthest down the line.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Explicitly tell them the ONLY things to be flushed are #1,#2, and toilet paper! No exceptions! If a clog is cleared and anything else is found, THEY are paying for the clean out.

No tissues, paper towels, baby wipes, flushable wipes, hair from your brush, cigarettes, food, grease poured down the drain, tampons, etc. Paper towels and tissue are super durable, and will not separate and dissolve like toilet paper, and will clog a system up in no time!
All of this!

Users who are viewing this thread