What are these green plugs?

Competion53

Established Member
Hey everyone. I have a 2000 mustang gt (Windsor motor) that someone put a romeo motor in. I bought it like this. There is a female green plug on the top left of the engine harness that I assume goes down to the transmission (check pic) And when I go under the car there is another female green plug on the transmissions harness (check pic) Where do they go? Or is there a wrong harness? The car is a manual.

Attachments

• IMG_0416.jpeg
    IMG_0416.jpeg
    303.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0418.jpeg
    IMG_0418.jpeg
    308.3 KB · Views: 56

Competion53

Established Member
auto or manual, was the trans swapped too?
The car is a manual. I believe this is the original trans just swapped over.

Looks suspiciously like front O2 sensor connectors.

Are there O2 sensors before the cats and are they hooked up? Car would have to be running in open loop all the time though
The car has long tubes. The front o2 sensors are hooked up. Do you think these are for the rear o2’s? Didn’t these have rear o2’s?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The car is a manual. I believe this is the original trans just swapped over.

The car has long tubes. The front o2 sensors are hooked up. Do you think these are for the rear o2’s? Didn’t these have rear o2’s?

i dont remember clearly but I think the rear O2s were also on the transmission harness, should be easy enough to look under there and see if it has rear sensors and plugged up. The factory rear O2 sensor wires should reach to the midpoint or rear of the transmission.

* this is based on my 4valve car

Competion53

Established Member
Can't you follow the harness to verify what it actually connects to?
I tried but the harness has been taken off and put back on loosely (flopping all over). I have no the area for rear o2’s. The aftermarket exhaust put on just omitted them. I do know the rear O2’s have been turned off from a Diablo turner.

i dont remember clearly but I think the rear O2s were also on the transmission harness, should be easy enough to look under there and see if it has rear sensors and plugged up. The factory rear O2 sensor wires should reach to the midpoint or rear of the transmission.

* this is based on my 4valve car
I’m going to google rear o2 sensors and see what their connections look like.

Competion53

Established Member
I figured it out. The green plug up top goes to the upstream on the right (passenger side). And the green plug on the bottom goes to the upstream on the left (driver side). Since I have long tubes I need o2 extensions. Right now whoever did this hooked up the rear o2’s (downstreams) to the upstream location. My head hurts but I figured it out! Thank you guys for helping me figure this out .

hotcobra03

Established Member
I would just get 02 with longer harness.
Bosch

The extension harness has been known to be wired wrong at times ..so check that if you go that route ,

Users who are viewing this thread