What are the specs on the F-150 Harley Davidson edition?

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Hey,
I was wondering what kind of power and powerplant did the F-150 HDs have. I've heard they are fast, but I haven't heard why. Thanks :D

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
The 02 and 03 Harley Davidson edition F150s have the Triton 5.4L Supercharged engine. It has forty less HP then the Lightning as it has a larger pulley on the S/C snout. For what reason, no one knows. But it is a simple swap and you get the 40 HP back right away :D

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
It also has a different processor. If you just swap the pulley you may trash your motor. The L has different injectors also.

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
What is the difference between the injectors? Everything I've read on the HD and the L says they are identical with the exception of the upper pulley and PCM program. I added a 8lb pulley on my 03 HD Screw which provided a 6lb net boost gain because of the increased diameter of the upper pulley on the HD. I installed a chip which was burned for the pulley change and gear install. Truck now pulls much stronger than my 2000 L did, even with the extra weight. Nothing like embarassing a camaro or mustang from a stop light with a 4door truck with 3 passengers, and a 03 V-rod in the back:D

FordSVTFan

Established Member
My understanding is the injectors are the same. Yah the PCM program is different. But a chip and some tuning takes care of that.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Sounds like a nice truck, do they cost a lot? More than the L I guess? They look nice inside and out. :thumbsup:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
2003 HD is $38,XXX MSRP. Some dealers are doing that crazy markup crap. I have seen them go as low as $36K

Users who are viewing this thread