What are the best mods for 11-12 GT500

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
I got heat exchanger from vmp, very nice unit, keeps ait at about ambient temps. Does what it supposed to do.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
The H/E looks like a major bee-autch to install. The shifter was no fun, but the H/E looks beyond my capabilities (or I would do it). I am in Tucson! Not humid, but REALLY HOT!!! :burn:

Heat exchanger is a must on a pullied car unless you drive like an old lady. If you did the shifter that is more involved and tedious than the HE, imo. I put the one from Van at revan racing in 3 years ago and has worked flawlessly ever since. The hardest part for me was the wiring as that's not my strong suit. Now that vmp has all this plug n play stuff it's hard to choose anything else. Might as well do the 3× reservoir and cooler t stat while your at it for the best cooling.

Silver_Serpent

Established Member
OK guys, so who makes the best H/E? And.... who makes the most affordable H/E? Best bang for buck I guess is where I would end up on this spectrum. Any value to the larger reservoir I see on-line? As an engineer, I am skeptical the larger reservoir will help much.....

The larger resevior will definitely help. It is second law of thermodynamics. The more mass that is there, the less overall temperature rise there will be for the same amount of heat input over the same amount of time. Meaning that if you did a WOT run for 15 seconds with the small tank and a 15 second WOT run with the larger tank ... that larger tank would have lower temps after because the heat was spread over a larger volume. This is all provided that neither system reached equalibrium in those 15 seconds ... which I dont think they would.

Doc Vegas

Established Member
The larger resevior will definitely help. It is second law of thermodynamics. The more mass that is there, the less overall temperature rise there will be for the same amount of heat input over the same amount of time. Meaning that if you did a WOT run for 15 seconds with the small tank and a 15 second WOT run with the larger tank ... that larger tank would have lower temps after because the heat was spread over a larger volume. This is all provided that neither system reached equalibrium in those 15 seconds ... which I dont think they would.

Your last sentence was my assumption. That is, the tank - even with larger volume - would heat up less rapidly than the smaller tank. However, I assumed that the relatively small difference in the tanks versus the volume inside the system would make the gain very minimal. If you know the volume inside the system, then we could easily calculate the value based on the volume gained from the tank. Would be pretty interesting, but basic, math.

Silver_Serpent

Established Member
Your last sentence was my assumption. That is, the tank - even with larger volume - would heat up less rapidly than the smaller tank. However, I assumed that the relatively small difference in the tanks versus the volume inside the system would make the gain very minimal. If you know the volume inside the system, then we could easily calculate the value based on the volume gained from the tank. Would be pretty interesting, but basic, math.

:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread