What aluminator to go with?? Blown motor

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Somtimes no matter how safe the tune if they installed parts wrong they can still
Blow a motor.

I would think if parts are installed wrong the car wouldn't run right preventing the owner from trying to go WOT, no? I mean, doesn't common sense prevail here?

I guess it's possible a fueling issue could be fine at idle and part throttle, but be destructive at WOT...but I would think you would know it right away.

Last edited:

calgarybandit

Established Member
Doesn't matter what tuner I have used, I think it's smart for all of us to listen to the tuner wait for review of logs, driving etc.

Last edited:

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
All of the above. We started about 6 months ago limiting the tunes on rpm and mph to help with the "lets just give it a little" guys. Lets you know who your working with up front when you get the call. "theres something wrong with my tune, seems like it's hitting a limiter or something at 5k".......

lets you know you have to watch that one

and on the 24psi....lol

LOL... priceless. I would love answering that question for them if I were the tuner.

hopony

Established Member
I would think if parts are installed wrong the car wouldn't run right preventing the owner from trying to go WOT, no? I mean, doesn't common sense prevail here?

I guess it's possible a fueling issue could be fine at idle and part throttle, but be destructive at WOT...but I would think you would know it right away.

Had one where a guy brought one in with a pinched fuel line the other day. Idled on stock tune but wouldn't run on a base tune for his injectors.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
LOL... priceless. I would love answering that question for them if I were the tuner.

I always tell them now to. I say, "It has a limiter in the tune, the reason we put it there is for guys like you who don't read the .pdf we send that says "NO BOOST" to try to save your engine, your welcome....."

Sometimes it doesn't matter. I had a guy that had a pipe blow off on the highway. I told him "you haven't sent us any logs yet", no boost. He called me a week later, with no logs still complaining about the limiter. He must have blew the first pipe off before 5k....

Had one where a guy brought one in with a pinched fuel line the other day. Idled on stock tune but wouldn't run on a base tune for his injectors.

Lots of things can happen

Dizzyscure1

Established Member

Gotta remember most people aren't that knowledgable or intelligent ;)

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I always tell them now to. I say, "It has a limiter in the tune, the reason we put it there is for guys like you who don't read the .pdf we send that says "NO BOOST" to try to save your engine, your welcome....."

Sometimes it doesn't matter. I had a guy that had a pipe blow off on the highway. I told him "you haven't sent us any logs yet", no boost. He called me a week later, with no logs still complaining about the limiter. He must have blew the first pipe off before 5k....

Lots of things can happen

T-Bolts FTW! Poor poor child hahah, Somtimes Beef people don't wanna listen to reason n common sense.

Mb3492

To OP, sorry for your bad experience and hopefully things don't hit your wallet hard. As far as CR, 9.5:1 is definitely your choice. There is a reason ford racing says "supercharger ready" I also went through a "Bad" experience with my 11' 5.0. Boosted 8# with procharger and a bad "local" dyno that didn't have the experience and pushed the envelop.
Next, I would like to explain my experiences... I had my engine built by L&M engines (Michael Rauscher) who was adamant about 9.5:1 CR for a boosted coyote. Now I will say this about all this "Tuner" crap going on. I listened to a race engine builder with over 30 years experience, not a tuner. The lower compression ratio is ALOT safer. One bad tank of gas on 11:1 boosted on the edge and that's it. Why do you think Ford made a supercharger aluminator and an na aluminator ??? Because they don't know what they are doing, right?
Next, I would like to comment on Beefcake and Lund tuning. After much talk with Terry, he was very straight forward with me not sugar coating shit. Advising me that what I wanted wasn't advisable without upgrading fuel system and s/c drive. I am currently running Paxton 2200 HD oil fed, 8 rib, 3.15 pulley, ID 1000's, fore return style fuel system with double pumps, regulator and controller. LTH''s, O/R X and a slew of other mods. Terry gave me an above and beyond "great deal" on the kit. Along with great service and basically available contact at anytime. If he didn't answer he called me back within 15 minutes. To me, that means a lot, especially when I do all of my own wrenching. I have also owned my own business for 30 years and know what customer satisfaction is.
Next, I used Lund Racing for tuning, not because of Terry but because of Michael at L&M told me they are the best. My experience with them was nothing but very impressed. Jon II responded to my request within hours and my tuning was complete within a couple days. 7 revisions to be exact. This process started out with an Idle log and neutral rev to 2500rpm. The progression in revisions was pretty evident to me that safety was on Jon's mind from the start and also mine. I never deviated from his instructions once, knowing what "can happen". During my tuning session Jon answered all of my questions to the T and if anyone was waiting it was him for me to send the new log. All in all, a great experience. Not to mention my car is just down right scary on the street. I have to shift at 6800 in 3rd or the tires will break loose (90 mph) And no, not Pirelli's, NT05R's.
Not to mention after reviewing my data logs, everything that Terry states is true. My AFR and timing never exceeded "safe" conditions. Not to mention my IAT's were ALOT lower than I have ever seen with my old procharger HO setup or any PD blower logs I have seen. Not so sure it is just from the upgraded intercooler either.
Anyway, just my .02 and experience, not just, "I heard", Good Luck, hope it all works out!

Rubberman

Established Member
Update , got the motor in should have it back next week will update y'all after with some numbers. Added t bolts, jpc tank, stock bov block off plate and the 3.33 pulley. Will be adding as well the circle d , driveshaft , 8 rib and fuel system. Once it's back in my garage I'm going to pull a chair up grab some beer and stare at it.

Rubberman

Established Member
hey guys, the car has been at the shop and I think the motor was pulled out today , wont know anything until later. ill keep you posted thanks

grnenvy

Established Member
Love my High compression TVS 9sec Vert. (4100lb) VMP tuned
If I could find E85 at every pump I would have went even higher with the compression.
The fastest Coyote's in the country are the MMR cars and they run 11:1 or higher with Crazy amounts of pressure.
I think that answers any questions.

Last edited:

Deerslayer

Established Member
It is pretty easy to glean what more than likely happened from the information provided in the thread. Install was done, some things sound like they weren't installed correctly. OP drove the car hard before going through the proper tuning process. What could possibly go wrong.

Rubberman

Established Member
It is pretty easy to glean what more than likely happened from the information provided in the thread. Install was done, some things sound like they weren't installed correctly. OP drove the car hard before going through the proper tuning process. What could possibly go wrong.

Deerslayer, not sure what proper tuning process means to you but my car was Completed by them and was finished there was no further tuning to be done, there was nothing out of wack with my car so not to sure if you have been paying attention. Will know soon what the issue was.

Deerslayer

Established Member
deerslayer, not sure what proper tuning process means to you but my car was completed by them and was finished there was no further tuning to be done, there was nothing out of wack with my car so not to sure if you have been paying attention.

post # 132

Users who are viewing this thread