What aluminator to go with?? Blown motor

Rubberman

Established Member
Just installed a paxton stock setup for about 3 weeks now all was good . Monday on the way to my sons graduation I blew my motor, hit it in second the car sputtered and thick white smoke came out my exhaust then the car killed, Heavy oil coming out the exhaust. Any way I checked when I got home pulled the plugs and had a plug that was smashed . The car is a 2013 15k miles and don't know yet what happened. I'm bringing the car to a well known shop who specialized in the car.im already 6k deep with the paxton and fixing to be another 10k for the motor plus labor. I am going with a aluminator I'm keeping the paxton on but need advice on what the best one should be. I don't plan on going over 750hp. I am sending the car off on Tuesday and at tis point I'm going with the 9.5:1 compression .just let me know what your thoughts are. FYI this sucks bad and my savings account agrees.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Stock pulley wow... Other mods? Who tuned it? Id stick with stock compression for the aluminator. Sucks bro sorry that happened.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
if you are not going to be running E85 you may be safer on the 9.5 compression for pump gas

Rubberman

Established Member
The car has a boss intake x pipe and jlt , I don't want to say who tuned it but it was remote tuned with data logs and the car seemed to run fine. I don't plan on running e85 as well. I really just wanted a bad ass dd with about 650-700. I will say I was not hard on the car at all but it did blow when I was getting on it around 5500-6000 rpm. Parked in the garage with oil still dripping out the exhaust !

Rubberman

Established Member
I will say it is a very reputable tuner who does a good job for everybody on this forum but until I what the cause was I really don't want to say . I do know I'm sending the car to TSS dropping it off and picking it up finished. Like I said at this point a 9.5:1 is gong in it but I been reading about people running the 10:1 . All I know is this will be my dd for at least a year or so and I want the best for that

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Holly crap man!!!!!!! :( This is Jay, Drus buddy. Dude this sucks soooo bad. The M-6007-A50SC comes with billet oil gears which would be perfect for u, also its got Boss valve springs and a 9.5:1 CR which will allow you more play with gas and boost since we dont really have stations for E85.

Last edited:

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Who tuned it, its beneficial to know for everyone
If he decides to say WHO tuned it he will until then i wouldn't suggest pointing fingers or pressuring him into it until all is figured out. LOL! We might have our cars at TSS at the same time if i can make it there next month.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Before pointing a finger at the tuner a teardown of the engine should be performed and some visual inspections also. Coolant level, engine oil level check, etc.

Rubberman

Established Member
Also the coolant was perfect , oil was changed , new colder plugs. I watched my temps and af ratio consistently . Will know soon. Anybody want a good deal on a blown motor and I don't mean supercharged,lol.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Sorry to hear man, judging by the fact that he got the beefcake special I would assume it's a Lund tune? I could very well be wrong, just my observation based on previous posts.

by9468840

Established Member
I recently asked vmp about this. Justin didn't recommend 9.5. He said we could better try 10.5:1 and up the boost a bit to see where it takes us. I think I will keep it simple and just install a 11:1 aluminator.

hitmix300

Established Member
From reading before I seem to remember the 11:1 aluminator doesn't have the upgraded oil pump gears. Tread carefully

D.T.R

Established Member
where do people come up with 10:1 and 10.5:1 aluminators?
There is only 2 aluminators... one with 9.5:1 and one with 11:1 ... with turbo cars it's an easy choice... but in your case being S/C... 9.5:1 might hurt you. The problem with the 11:1 motor is that it doesn't have the upgraded oil pump therefore you can't really trust pushing that motor past 650whp... at which rate you're better off with another stock motor. See my point? so if you go with the 11:1 you will need to buy the upgraded oil pump and have it installed... which will cost you a good amount of $$$ in labor.

Users who are viewing this thread