What a time to buy/sell my First Home

Intervention302

Established Member
So about a 5 weeks ago we listed our first home for sale. Lived here for 5 years.

Bought for 232k, listed for 299k, and was under contract at 311.5k within 72 hours with over 5 offers submitted. Will get a nice equity check.

Anyway, the pickings were pretty slim for new homes on the market.

I was looking for 3 stall garage, flat yard, private setting with at least 1 acre, and preferably 1 story ranch under 3000sq ft.

My fiancée and I are about 30, no plans for kids anytime soon.

Fast forward to this house coming on the market. Had everything we wanted, well within budget, in the perfect low tax town that I grew up in.

Problem was the sellers agent wanted to do an open house in 9 days time. I was worried there would be a bidding war like my home. But we tried to visit it early, but agent said no.

Then came the "shelter at home order" in NH. This made the open house basically impossible to do. I was able to get my agent to put in an offer, but the crazy thing, I wasn't allowed to go in the home.

The first time seeing the home would be the home inspection, which was today.

Luckily, we still love it. Crazy times right now.

Definitely could live here for a long time. Cobra will love the garage

f515b8ec2457fa45d68f04f5a496e088.jpg
80c90cd8ddfa4322f60a228849392c45.jpg
a2c4eec90303ef662dbe64ad87fb05d5.jpg
a53bc07d557bce0796389678b1a4a5f2.jpg
2acc38396eb282a1f3436187fd70beeb.jpg
1e76eff2af6170308532b0805daa408c.jpg
1b6b1ab918e0dbb63d07ece06dfc0fec.jpg
fbe387270b2de8c1d0ddbf22d76373a9.jpg
aa05b0a1a61ab96b2c187882deb85939.jpg
814b4b42b3b25fe60fa99807bf3b5ae3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Looks like a great house man, congrats! That garage looks like you might be able to fit a lift height wise

My brother is currently going through the same thing, selling his first house and buying a new one. He has a lot of interest in his place and did a walk through tour video and hosted it on Youtube. They have a couple coming to see the place so him and my sister in law have to pack the dog, the cat, and the kid all in the explorer and go ride around for an hour.

Intervention302

Established Member
Looks like a great house man, congrats! That garage looks like you might be able to fit a lift height wise

My brother is currently going through the same thing, selling his first house and buying a new one. He has a lot of interest in his place and did a walk through tour video and hosted it on Youtube. They have a couple coming to see the place so him and my sister in law have to pack the dog, the cat, and the kid all in the explorer and go ride around for an hour.

Garage height was 10', with an empty attic above

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Selling/buying a house at the same time is one of the most stressful things I think I've ever done. I can't imagine trying to get it done on top of everything going on right now. Congrats on the new place, hopefully everything goes smoothly

Intervention302

Established Member
Selling/buying a house at the same time is one of the most stressful things I think I've ever done. I can't imagine trying to get it done on top of everything going on right now. Congrats on the new place, hopefully everything goes smoothly
My buyer keeps wanting to move the date up.

Luckily she is still employed.

We close now 4/17

Ill get my money and go live with my in laws for 6 weeks.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

This was such a pain in the ass selling my place and dealing with the showings.

My agent would email me and say some other agent was going to be showing my place at 3pm or something. I was working from home so I would hold off on my lunch break until then, fight the cat into the truck, listen to her scream all the way over to my dads place, and go back an hour later just to find out they didn't show up. Then I would get an email asking if they could come by the next morning at 8 am.

I was so pissed off but I'm glad it sold. I put a large chunk of change in my pocket from the whole thing.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
There’s almost no feeling as stress relieving as learning that several offers were put in on your home. Even better when it sells above asking.

Home looks nice. Staining decks suck, but it’s worth it.

edit: What’s up with the stabbin’ cabin the the back? Just a garden shed?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
in similar here. had my condo sold, under contract, buyer loses their job, bye bye deal.
I'm shitting bricks because I haven't had any interest (to be expected I guess) and now I'm carrying two mortgages with the situation the world is in right now.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
in similar here. had my condo sold, under contract, buyer loses their job, bye bye deal.
I'm shitting bricks because I haven't had any interest (to be expected I guess) and now I'm carrying two mortgages with the situation the world is in right now.
If the government keeps printing money and we get hyper inflation you will be sitting pretty....
Good luck with the situation non the less.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
If the government keeps printing money and we get hyper inflation you will be sitting pretty....
Good luck with the situation non the less.

Thanks dude. yea still holding on to the hope I make out ok.

Intervention302

Established Member
Yeah had I waited any more, it would have been very difficult to move my house I think.

Honestly sold at exactly the right time.

Fingers still crossed my buyer stays employed. The closing date has been moved up 10 days in total

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I spent the last three days helping a friend pod up their house. They listed it and someone made an offer, but said they wanted it ASAP, so my friend is homeless for a couple weeks. I think the closing is in 6 minutes, but something about it's not official till the new owner gets the keys at 10am tomorrow.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! Despite the difficulties you're/we're facing, the best is yet to come. That is a great looking house. So much great living space, and...that garage. That is one great garage.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like an awesome house in a great neighborhood.
Love the shed/man cave in the backyard. Awesome.
Congrats and best of luck.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice! Congrats! I’m working my ass off to get our place on the market. We bought 5 years ago and the home has seen an increase of 50% in value

nxhappy

Established Member
yep, I just went through this bull shit. And moved to another state in one day with 2 kids and 2 cats. Goddamn Im never moving out of state again LOL....AZ FOREVER

coposrv

Established Member
Text me when your ready to make electrical additions! Nice house. Definitely looks to have room for another shop/barn outback too

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Intervention302

Established Member
Water report came back.

Very high levels of radon. Will need a mitigation system for sure.

Water is on the softer side, which will be great for washing cars

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I'm glad you are having some good luck, pretty bold move putting an offer without seeing it.

I am also in the housing game right now. I am closing on a house Tuesday... we found and offered on the house before things blew up like this. This will be our second house, and we still intend to sell our first house... hopefully this shtstorm doesnt make it impossible...

newbie1276

Established Member
Listed first house on Wednesday had 4 offers over asking price by Saturday open house. Had to close on two houses the same day in different counties a bunch of lawyers and lots of checks getting exchanged back and forth. After it was all done got the wife the home she wanted for the boy to go tia hook in good school system and I got a decent garage for the car. It definitely is a crazy time in real estate prior to the last 3 weeks

Attachments

• DEA30C4D-34BF-44E7-8034-ECE67DC4072C.jpeg
    DEA30C4D-34BF-44E7-8034-ECE67DC4072C.jpeg
    433.3 KB · Views: 115

Users who are viewing this thread