What a strange exhaust... What do you think?

Tygerwoody

Established Member
50-2440js.JPG

Its side exhaust for a "2000 Mustang Cobra R". Just straight pipes. I've never seen it before. I'm almost interested in trying it out. I have a Magnaflow Catted X pipe. I wonder if this would fit fine even though its for a 2000 Cobra R? Different Hangers maybe?

It seems like an interesting secondary exhaust. God knows I wouldn't want this thing all the time(extremely loud!). Maybe for going to the track it seems like a good idea. Anyone think I should buy this to try it out? Or a waste of money and it will sound like trash? I'm hoping maybe my cats would smooth out the tone some. I've never heard straight pipes on a 4v 4.6 before.

My car is a 1999 Mustang Cobra
Magnaflow X pipe with cats
Magnaflow Catback
JLT CAI

I'm looking to buy this tomorrow, so if i could get quick opinions on what it might sound like that would be great. :D Thanks

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Its going to be pretty loud and sound like a truck with duals. I tride it for awhile just running out of the Xpipe and it pissed me off so I put the mufflers back on. Plus I lossed alittle low end TQ. Its really up to you.

Tygerwoody

Established Member
SVTGUY012 said:
Its going to be pretty loud and sound like a truck with duals. I tride it for awhile just running out of the Xpipe and it pissed me off so I put the mufflers back on. Plus I lossed alittle low end TQ. Its really up to you.
was your X an offroad X or catted?

I'm really looking for a side exhaust combo that wont be extremely quiet with my magnaflow X with cats. The only side exhaust's on the market now are just way too quiet.

01vert

Established Member
Have you tried any of the straight through muffs? Loudmouths? If that is too quiet for you this is close to running just a cat and nothing else. Dont know if the lack of backpressure would throw off the AF though

Tygerwoody

Established Member
01vert said:
Have you tried any of the straight through muffs? Loudmouths? If that is too quiet for you this is close to running just a cat and nothing else. Dont know if the lack of backpressure would throw off the AF though
This would just be a secondary exhaust to play around with at the track or maybe a weekend. Nothing is wrong with the exhaust I have now. It sounds great. Every now and then a person just wants a loud car. :coolman: It is not a permanant solution. Just a play thing. Being that, it doesnt have to sound great. Just decent. When i get tired of it, I'll just throw back on my quiet exhaust. Performance gains/loses really don't matter. This is just about doing something different every now and then.

I do not however want to waste my money. Even though it would only be for temporary use, if this solution would just be a waste of my time and money, I don't want it.

Last edited:

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Tygerwoody said:
was your X an offroad X or catted?

I'm really looking for a side exhaust combo that wont be extremely quiet with my magnaflow X with cats. The only side exhaust's on the market now are just way too quiet.

Mine's a Catted X and it was way to loud for me. But that's me. It was cool for like 5 min and then I put the catback back on. Really I would think that if you want it as something to mess around with then why not. If I were you, pull your catback off and drive it and see what you think. If you like it then get it because the sound will be very similar

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
i dont see why it wouldnt fit but im sure it hangs really low, and you have to make your own hangers which isnt hard

Users who are viewing this thread