What’s the most hp increase you have seen switching to e85?

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
560 on 93 to 714 on E85. Stock '04 motor

150 gain on same boost level is pretty crazy. My gain is 154 wheel.....but that's going 18psi to 22psi and a ton more timing across the entire rev band

Some people will want ULTRA safe pump gas tunes, so you could see huge swings to the ethanol tune. Others will run much riskier pump gas tunes....so those swaps might not net as impressive of a change.

That's what I'll be doing, Robert at Vendetta is getting me the e85 startup tune tomorrow and when I go back for final tuning I will be getting a 93 and corn tune on a Moates chip. I imagine the swing will be huge haha.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
That's what I'll be doing, Robert at Vendetta is getting me the e85 startup tune tomorrow and when I go back for final tuning I will be getting a 93 and corn tune on a Moates chip. I imagine the swing will be huge haha.

Nice! I knew it had to be close to tuning time! Best of luck on the tune

IllCobra

Established Member
Dang, reading all these power gains with E85 really has me wanting to go corn right now. But having just added a TVS to my car should hold me until fuel systems go on sale for the holidays. Once Kevin (04Sleeper) finishes remote tuning my car, I plan on getting some dyno numbers and seeing what I put down before the switch to E.

TermiGrinding975

Established Member
Old thread I know but anybody else have any comparisons? What's a Ported blower make with e85? I can only get 91 octane here and it's at $5.15 and the corn juice is about half.

IllCobra

Established Member
Old thread I know but anybody else have any comparisons? What's a Ported blower make with e85? I can only get 91 octane here and it's at $5.15 and the corn juice is about half.
I'd bet a ported eaton on e85 would easily make mid to upper 500whp

MG0h3

Established Member
There’s a thread in the distillery with numbers. Most pickup about 50rwhp with no other changes

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m afraid to boost my GT350R, so headers and E85 is probably next for me. I wonder what she’ll gain....

Badaz01

Established Member
I have a d1 with a 10% OD crank pulley and a 4.15 inch blower pulley. With that set up on 93 I made 470, 93/torco 525, and e85 570 whp.

Users who are viewing this thread