What’s a Powertain worth?

Reisjsr

Established Member
So I have been dabbling with possibly selling my entire power train and have been asked multiple times “how much?” What would you guys pay or offer (negotiations aside) for a 14 GT Coyote Engine and MT82 (not sure of what clutch but not stock) with 14k on them running perfectly. With installed Roush TVS, VMP pulley 79 and 82, BAP, ID1050x, and a set of LU47s, UPR catch can, Roush CAI and all supporting everything with less than 3k on them.

Any thoughts on what “market” value is? Any feedback would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

clinton2003

Established Member
So I have been dabbling with possibly selling my entire power train and have been asked multiple times “how much?” What would you guys pay or offer (negotiations aside) for a 14 GT Coyote Engine and MT82 (not sure of what clutch but not stock) with 14k on them running perfectly. With installed Roush TVS, VMP pulley 79 and 82, BAP, ID1050x, and a set of LU47s, UPR catch can, Roush CAI and all supporting everything with less than 3k on them.

Any thoughts on what “market” value is? Any feedback would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
sold seperatly, i'd guess worth is as follows
Motor (assuming stock) 2500
tvs kit 4500 (injectors, bap, pulley's)
MT82 with clutch, maybe 1000, if your lucky....

i'd say 8k for everything would be fair, maybe on the lower end, but if your wanting to sell it, thats about what its worth IMO.

Reisjsr

Established Member
Kinda figured that about right. I can definitely agree with you however, if that’s the case where are all these low mileage, running coyote engines for $2500? That might change everything I’m thinking about doing this for in the first place. I keep finding them in the 4-5k range

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

clinton2003

Established Member
High mileage, low mileage, doesn't really matter to most people, especially if its had a power adder on it.

People that are looking to buy a complete motor, that i have seen, either:

Dont care if its f150 or mustang, because they are going to leave it as is and use it as a swap.

OR

they are going to rip it apart and build the engine. which they really only need the block, crank, and heads. Which honestly can be had for a little more than 3k new... so they aren't going to pay more than that for a complete motor...

That being said, I sold my Longblock for 2500. and have seen a few others around here go for that.

ErrorOutOfMemory

High mileage, low mileage, doesn't really matter to most people, especially if its had a power adder on it.

People that are looking to buy a complete motor, that i have seen, either:

Dont care if its f150 or mustang, because they are going to leave it as is and use it as a swap.

OR

they are going to rip it apart and build the engine. which they really only need the block, crank, and heads. Which honestly can be had for a little more than 3k new... so they aren't going to pay more than that for a complete motor...

That being said, I sold my Longblock for 2500. and have seen a few others around here go for that.

Where the heck are you finding such cheap long blocks? I'm currently looking for one and can't find one out of the 5k-6k range.

Users who are viewing this thread