Wet sand and polish exhaust

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
IMG_6159.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Caseindaplace

Established Member
Here is a video I made on cleaning up a old cat back!

I just recently picked up a magnaflow catback - used $120 pretty old and nasty but I cleaned it up.

I didn’t have a flapper wheel or a drill w/polishing attachment but I think I may need those once you see what I noticed is left over.

If you check out the photos, could you tell me how to remove the lines in the bend as well as the black specs left over.

I used 100 to 2000 wet sanding and mother’s mag polish.

What do you think?
IMG_1203.JPG
IMG_1204.JPG
IMG_1206.JPG
IMG_1211.JPG
IMG_1213.JPG
IMG_1212.JPG

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I just recently picked up a magnaflow catback - used $120 pretty old and nasty but I cleaned it up.

I didn’t have a flapper wheel or a drill w/polishing attachment but I think I may need those once you see what I noticed is left over.

If you check out the photos, could you tell me how to remove the lines in the bend as well as the black specs left over.

I used 100 to 2000 wet sanding and mother’s mag polish.

What do you think?View attachment 1470644View attachment 1470645View attachment 1470646View attachment 1470650View attachment 1470652View attachment 1470654

Looks good, but you may need to go deeper with the initial lower grit count (or start again at 600 at least). The switch from long strides to 90 degree cut like I did in the video may help- but it may just be how those are manufactured- who knows. make sure you don’t cut clean through it!

Caseindaplace

Established Member
Yes I may start again with the lower count, i didn’t want to ruin the shine that’s there now and have to start the process over. I’ll test a little area to see.

I’m going to pick up the drill attachment as well.

I heard the magnaflow steel is a different grade as the typical borla you see most polish jobs on so it won’t be the exact same. Not to mention it’s not anywhere close to a new system

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Yes I may start again with the lower count, i didn’t want to ruin the shine that’s there now and have to start the process over. I’ll test a little area to see.

I’m going to pick up the drill attachment as well.

I heard the magnaflow steel is a different grade as the typical borla you see most polish jobs on so it won’t be the exact same. Not to mention it’s not anywhere close to a new system

perhaps hit it with some mag polish now and see how it turns out. It will be under the car, so it doesn’t need to be perfect

Caseindaplace

Established Member
I bet the mag polish with the drill will work better than by hand. I noticed even though the pipes are clean and shine - black residue is still coming off on the cloth I use. I’ll go charge the drill and get an attachment

Users who are viewing this thread