Went to the track today (Good and Bad)

RED99COBRA

Established Member
The good: I ran a 12.24 at 115 on my first run with a 1.74 60 ft.

The bad: I broke my belt on the second run which sucked incredibly bad.

The car ran great on the first run. There is alot to get used to on this combination as it is hard to launch. If I can get it straight I am sure there is an 11 second timeslipin it somewhere.

Cobra925

MAXIMAL SVT POSTER
Established Member
Your traps should be higher too I would think... still great runs man low 12's are always nice.

wma8706

Established Member
Cobra925 said:
Your traps should be higher too I would think... still great runs man low 12's are always nice.
agree....very nice. great 60 ft with the IRS but your traps could be higher with 474 rwhp. What were the conditions?

RED99COBRA

Established Member
wma8706 said:
agree....very nice. great 60 ft with the IRS but your traps could be higher with 474 rwhp. What were the conditions?
It was 88 and humid as hell.... not the best conditions for power. By the time I went and got another belt the temps dropped 15 degrees but they were in eliminations and were running time only every other round so I went home.

93deznutsblown

Could be faster than u!!!
Established Member
I've been in this car and its fun....:D

It hooks even better on street than at the track!!! I think hes got some more mph in it. I predicted 11.80's at 117mph after riding in it.

Great job.... now all we need to do is figure out how to get mine in the 12's lol..

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
nice 60!!!

my KB suffers bad in the summer heat here in FL...the best runs i could muster were 12.2xx @ 116 but with a 2.1 60 in similar conditions to yours with my stock 3.27s

in the cooler months i went 12.0xx 119.xx and 120.xx also with 2.1 60s with POS Nitto DRs

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
What belt were you using?

I shredded a belt in my 03 Cobra...sounded like a blew a hole in the block.

At the time I was using a Gates belt. Switched to a Goodyear Gatorback and never had a problem after that.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Double"O" said:
nice 60!!!

my KB suffers bad in the summer heat here in FL...the best runs i could muster were 12.2xx @ 116 but with a 2.1 60 in similar conditions to yours with my stock 3.27s

in the cooler months i went 12.0xx 119.xx and 120.xx also with 2.1 60s with POS Nitto DRs
man, i wish my mph was as high as yours and RED99COBRA. :sigh:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
99riocobra said:
man, i wish my mph was as high as yours and RED99COBRA. :sigh:

practice practice practice....oh and you have to drive it like you want to break it lol

RED99COBRA

Established Member
More bad news. My second Promotion T45 is whining and grinding going into 2nd gear. First one was sent back for the exact same thing. I put over 500 break in miles on this one before I ever got into boost.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
RED99COBRA said:
More bad news. My second Promotion T45 is whining and grinding going into 2nd gear. First one was sent back for the exact same thing. I put over 500 break in miles on this one before I ever got into boost.
holy cow. that really blows! did they replace the previous one free of charge? did you ever find out what was wrong with the first one? hopefully you get it all worked out.

Double"O" said:
practice practice practice....oh and you have to drive it like you want to break it lol
yea, i hear ya about practice. you remember my first time out....i'm going to the track again tomorow evening so we'll see what i can pull off.

Users who are viewing this thread