Went to the track.. Questions.

Aharon

Established Member
This is my 2nd time at the track with the cobra. I had a great time.. Our local car club had rented the track for the day, so there was absolutely no wait.. You could hot lap for hours if you wanted too.. This is a good thing for me, becuase I am a HORRIBLE driver. I would either bog, or wheel hop.. Both of which I have discovered drastically affect your times.

I mananged to get a lowest of 13.1, and am sure I could eek out a high 12 if I kept trying... I kept hot lapping, to practice my launches.. If I stopped to let the car cool down, it would hurt my "flow", and I would loose concentration.

1st run, a 14 flat.. 2nd run, a 13.8.. 3rd run, a 13.4, 4th run a 13.1.. Just goes to show you how much simply launching correctly helps or hurts your time.

My question.. I ran about 8 times.. On my last run it was getting very difficult to get the car in gear. It took quite a bit of force to get the car into any gear.. I then parked the car, came back 30 minutes later, and it was perfectly easy to get into gear... Like butter... What do you guys think happened?

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
Your clutch cable got hot and stretched not allowing your clutch to fully disengage. I talked about this in length a while back. You would have found that if you turned off the car it would have easily gone into gear and then you can restart. If its not dragging to bad you can also go from say reverse to first quickly and get it into gear.

Users who are viewing this thread