Went to the track (10/24)

peteypab2133

Established Member
Before I tell my results I will give you some history.

I am new to RWD cars, but not new to racing at the track. I purchased my first RWD car back in July that being my 2013 GT500. Before that my last 4 cars were all AWD. The last one had over 700 AWHP at one point. So HP is in my history, but the shelby is proving to be a new challenge for me.

So this being my first RWD car, its also pretty powerful as we know.

I never had any problems tossing it in second gear on the street, but the track at higher RPMS showed me up.

Picked up 30 mph in the back half of the track, so i dont think my car is lacking power. But the 2.2 and 2.4 60' times plus missing second gear obviously hurt my chances.

I did all 3 runs with advance track off, no launch control. I am not upset with these times, and I think with some seat time launching it, I could pick up 2 or 4 mph and knock of 2 or 4 tenths off my time as well.

It was 82 degrees, and in INDY

Ran a 12.2 @ 121 as my best time of the night.

Video of two runs. Odd enough my first run which I bogged and missed second was still 121 mph.

[youtube_browser]C-sX8jFzibY&list=UUo1hbbyjozwXVuo-yo0dPSw&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube_browser]

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
not bad at all....more seat time and you should see 11's stock. :beer:

I need to get back to the strip too, but this weekend I'm hitting the road course

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Yeah, whole different technique involved with a RWD. Just like when you switch between AWD, FWD, and RWD cars while auto crossing. Different approach to how to drive each one fast. It's just a matter of practice.

Njtony

Established Member
On stock tires this car is tough to launch. Those aren't bad times for the conditions and being unfamiliar with the car. Sport trac mode can help but will still blow the tires out.

peteypab2133

Established Member
On stock tires this car is tough to launch. Those aren't bad times for the conditions and being unfamiliar with the car. Sport trac mode can help but will still blow the tires out.

Thanks!

I will work more with getting it off the line. The track felt prepped pretty good actually, but it was hot. I hot lapped it with about 5 minutes in between runs and my intake air temps were like 156+ so i know it was not real happy.

I did think about using the launch control, but figured go big or go home lol.. I just went home it seems ;)

Users who are viewing this thread