Went to the drag strip tonight....

kbroush

Established Member
Well I went to the drag strip tonight and ran my car. Its a bone stock 2013 Boss 302 except for eibach springs. I set the rear shocks to 1 to help with weight transfer. My car has 2200 miles on it and I was running street tires. My best time was a [email protected] mph. I was hoping for more but had major traction issues. I was also hoping the car would trap a higher speed from what I have been reading. A friend of mine let me use his NT555R drag radials but my best time was with the street tires. The air was cool but we are still at a high elevation. I beleive the density altitude was around 1600 to 1700 feet.

NJSP117

Established Member
Well, look at the bright side...you have a good starting point from which to improve your numbers...and you can try different tires and performance combos to get into the 11s...
Did you use the launch control at all?

Unrealford

Established Member
Street tires even at DA at 1100 which is actually pretty good.

You should be trapping 110 and running 12.66 to 13s...

This is what I seen as a average runs, , remember we have 5 Bosses running on the same day so I do have a lot to compare with..

kbroush

Established Member
Then I guess I'm not doing too bad. I have been hearing of people running low 12's but that is probably with perfect conditions I am assuming. I plan on doing a few things over winter to improve the car as well. Im very happy with the car and the way it performs overall, I would like to break the 11's and I would be extremely happy.

Unrealford

Established Member
Then I guess I'm not doing too bad. I have been hearing of people running low 12's but that is probably with perfect conditions I am assuming. I plan on doing a few things over winter to improve the car as well. Im very happy with the car and the way it performs overall, I would like to break the 11's and I would be extremely happy.

Your doing pretty good, put a good shifter or back bracket on it along with some drag radials and you will be low 12s and them with practice and good sir high 11s like me..
Not sure if you seen my post but im running [email protected]@114.44 still stock besides shifter and rear wheels/tires.

65sohc

Established Member
I raced my '13 Boss against my friend's '13 totally stock GT 6m with 3.31's and 87 octane. Took off from a roll in first with bad tire spin in 1st and on the 1-2 shift so we did it again from 2nd gear roll. The two cars were identical into 4th gear. Surprised me, and not in a good way.

kbroush

Established Member
I raced my '13 Boss against my friend's '13 totally stock GT 6m with 3.31's and 87 octane. Took off from a roll in first with bad tire spin in 1st and on the 1-2 shift so we did it again from 2nd gear roll. The two cars were identical into 4th gear. Surprised me, and not in a good way.

I raced my friends 13 GT auto at the 1/8th mile track and beat him by about a car length and trapped 2mph more than him consistently. He had an axle back borla system and airaid cold air intake with no tuning. He downloaded his sct tune and the next day we were dead even at the track with the same trap speeds. Tire spin was a big issue for both of us. I was happy to get sub 2 second 60ft times on the factory street tires though. When we raced we were at the Sturgis Mustang Rally in Sturgis SD and the density altitude was 7500 feet that day haha!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Well I went to the drag strip tonight and ran my car. Its a bone stock 2013 Boss 302 except for eibach springs. I set the rear shocks to 1 to help with weight transfer. My car has 2200 miles on it and I was running street tires. My best time was a [email protected] mph. I was hoping for more but had major traction issues. I was also hoping the car would trap a higher speed from what I have been reading. A friend of mine let me use his NT555R drag radials but my best time was with the street tires. The air was cool but we are still at a high elevation. I beleive the density altitude was around 1600 to 1700 feet.

Good run you didn't do bad at all on stock car an tires. Off hand what did you do with your boss springs?

kbroush

Established Member
Good run you didn't do bad at all on stock car an tires. Off hand what did you do with your boss springs?

I installed a set of Eibach pro kit springs and love them. That's the only modification I have done so far. I thought about getting a ser of Race Star Industries dark star wheels and tires for the track!

Unrealford

Established Member
I installed a set of Eibach pro kit springs and love them. That's the only modification I have done so far. I thought about getting a ser of Race Star Industries dark star wheels and tires for the track!

Do the dark stars, and you won't regret it Just make sure you get the direct drill.

kbroush

Established Member
Can you get direct drill for the front in 17 inch wheels? From what I have seen they are all uni lug which I am not a fan of.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
hit up beefcake on here he can get the Dark stars you need with direct drill. also if you choose to go with Welds i think JPC has a deal on them

kbroush

Established Member
hit up beefcake on here he can get the Dark stars you need with direct drill. also if you choose to go with Welds i think JPC has a deal on them

Thanks! I have already been talking to him about a paxton kit possibly. Maybe he can get me a package deal on the dark stars and blower!

Users who are viewing this thread