went to ford, won't cover it under warranty

I went to Ford today and he looked at the supercharger and he said that he could tell this car was pullied so Ford will not cover this damage under factory warranty. I then told him if I could cancel my warranty but he said "You can, but the warranty will cover other parts not just the supercharger" So then he said "This is just external damage, nothing is wrong with it" so I said "I just wanted to come in to check so say in 6 months nothing goes bad" and he just kept saying it was external damage and I just asked if I could replace the part myself and he said to go to the Ford department. I then asked "Do you know if this is a stock pulley or aftermarket?" and he said "Looks like aftermarket to me because there's no Ford part number, usually Ford has a stamped number on it". All in all, it was no help. My "supercharger" warranty is voided but not my whole warranty so that's cool. So now I guess I just have to buy the EATON Snout to replace. No purpose buying a whole new supercharger when only external damage was done and nothing bad with it. I asked him about the "Blower Oil" and he said "The car runs fine, you don't hear any rattling, meaning there is oil in there... You usually don't have to check that oil for plenty of miles".

If anybody wants to sell me their Eaton supercharger for $450 PM me!

Last edited:

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
Pm StreetSnake, Last I spoke to him he has an eaton with inlet and throttle body. I believe he want 500 for all

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
any competent machinist could get it out of there, especially if they have an EDM machine

not worth it though because your bearings are probably trashed...just get a new snout or whole Eaton if the price is right

BTW, tell your dealer they SUCK and don't even bother with them anymore

Last edited:
Thanks JB for the support, yeah I don't want to risk anything so I'm just going to buy a whole new Eaton supercharger most likely hopefully someone will sell it to me for $450. I don't think someone would want to just sell the snout and would rather get rid of the whole thing and if I were to buy the snout from Ford, I will probably end up paying a lot more.

I knew the dealer wouldn't touch it before I even went there but figured "what the hell, might as well give it a try". I've dealt with them before and they are quite the assholes. I'm pretty much going to cancel my extended warranty with them and cut off 4 months on my monthly payments, because I doubt within the 3 years the warranty is, I will ever have a problem where the warranty will actually cover out of all the cars I've had, The shit that I had problems with were never covered under warranty anyway. Besides, I'm pullying my car anyway and getting a KB later on this year anyway so what warranty?? LOL.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
yep, I agree with you.. Eatons are selling for good prices right now and that's the way to go

oh and when you get the new blower.....check the oil! ;-)

03DOHC

Established Member
You can get a snout from Paul's High Performance.

I'd still give Stiegemeier a call and see what they say. Might as well have it ported if you're going to take it off.

03 Cobra

Established Member
I have an 03 Cobra with about 24k on it. all i did so far is Bassani x-pipes w/c & Bassani catback system & steeda CAI (Everything else is stock). would i need to check the oil in the supercharger? I never heard of anything about checking the oil in there.

03DOHC

Established Member
03 Cobra said:
I have an 03 Cobra with about 24k on it. all i did so far is Bassani x-pipes w/c & Bassani catback system & steeda CAI (Everything else is stock). would i need to check the oil in the supercharger? I never heard of anything about checking the oil in there.
The reason he's being told to check the oil in his supercharger is because it was traumatized. Someone took a torch to it and blistered the paint and then smashed the end with a hammer multiple times.

jimwood

Established Member
Wait a minute. Just want to make sure I understand this story. There is a pulley changer part BROKEN inside the stock blower and you asked Ford to fix it? (Why?) But are now surpised they voided the warranty on your blower. Did you know that Ford will void the warranty if you swap pulleys? I must be missing something.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
jimwood said:
Wait a minute. Just want to make sure I understand this story. There is a pulley changer part BROKEN inside the stock blower and you asked Ford to fix it? (Why?) But are now surpised they voided the warranty on your blower. Did you know that Ford will void the warranty if you swap pulleys? I must be missing something.

I belive he bought the car used and was never told it was pullied ... I could be wrong though . I read alot of posts and I may have mixed it up with something else.

Crowley

Silver 03 Cobra

jimwood said:

I think he stated the obvious. He didn't bash Ford or the dealer. I give him credit for that.

I met a guy at Bristol back in the summer of 02 that had an 03 and he told me a shop used a hydraulic press to push his stock pulley off after they had pulled the snout. They damaged the end plate and it caused failure that resulted in the rotors breaking. He said the IC caught most of it. He didn't seem to concerened. I'm sure it did because the mesh is so fine but I bet some got through. I guess the aluminum wouldn't hurt much unless it caused a valve to stick open. It just makes me wonder about some of these shops.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
As I mentioned in your other thread, I would have NEVER taken it to the dealer in the shape it was in. You risk the chance of them voiding more than the sc warranty.

But after reading what your dealer said, I would follow the advice to you here and never get near that idiot ever again. He made some pretty amazing statements.

Listen to the advice you are receiving from some long time members here. They have been through just about everything you can think of and speak from experience.

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
It's possible if the snout got very hot and it broke down the oil that was inside. It's a very thin oil so there is a chance.

If it was me, I would contact Steg and see what they say. If you plan on modding the car in the future, you'll want to get the eaton ported anyways.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
couple of options for you, you could go to www.paulshp.com pauls high performance, then sell the snout replacement for the eatons at reasonable price.

http://secure-order-area.net/paulsh...page=510065&type=&frame=&cart_id=868710_14746

at least you could keep your own blower (as you know where its been lol)

I also have 2 eaton superchargers, one with 4k miles, one thats coming off my car ported by LFP with 10k miles. was going to try a steggie port but fedex lost
my other blower doh. but anyone if you interested in one of those make me an offer, i dont want all that much for them, just want them out of my garage.

the 4k miles one also includes the lower intake and intecooler, the 10k one is just the ported blower (good for 500rwhp with the right mods) been on my daily driver since i got the car (new).

anyway, nice to have options :)

Users who are viewing this thread