Wellll...it was Ricer's night out!

LIGHTNINROD

Established Member
Took my L to the strip Fri pm--had to leave the ET Streets at home because of scattered showers all around the area(in fact, strip closed early because of rain and LIGHTNING).

Made 7 passes--best only a [email protected] F1s.

Ricers all over the place! Young guys(of course, everybody's 'young' to me)--strange clothes and vocabulary. I was matched(random) to an Accura Legend(yr.?) with a BIG aluminum wing bolted to his trunk lid. He must have been newer at this than me(only my 5th time at a track) because he rolled thru the water box(street tires) and then jumped/red lighted bad! he had a 4.7 60' and a 17.03@95,69 1/4 to my above 'best' for the nite.

Ran a 2000 Camaro Indianapolis Special Edition(?)also. Thought he would be 'easy'--not---way too much wheel-spin by me. It was so close, that I'll post the times:

Camaro.....................Lightning

r/t....588.................... .652
60'..2.233..................2.271
1/8....9.136...............9.241
1/4...14.010............14.009!!!
mph..100.60..........103.38

Later, Dan

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Its always funny to see a 'ricer' car that looks kinda fast and then you see it turn a blistering 16-17 sec 1/4 mi.

Good kill on the Slomaro :rolling:

The Bird

Established Member
Oh, have I got a story for you guys! I was at a local hangout in DFW and this one kid comes up to me after I loped into the parking lot and asked me if I wanted to run his buddies Civic. I was like WHAT!

Me - "What does he run."
Un-named ricer - " due it is real fast"

Me - "Well how fast is it?"
Un-named ricer - "Dude he ran a 10..."

Me - "in the 1/8th?"
Un-named ricer - "yea, it is real fast..."
Me - "ROTFLMGDAO in his face..."
Me - "try getting into the mid 7s in the 1/8th and I will 'entertain the idea'..."

Then another time I ran a LS1 Camaro on the highway I did my header install and was only running on six to seven cyls consistent ( really bad misfires) and we ran from 60. had a car and a half on him the first run to my astonishment, then lost by a nose the second run as my car loaded up with fuel from the misffires....

Saw him the next night (I had my wires fixed now) and he was like... "I thought your car was fast..." I said " well, I was only on six cyls last ngiht when I tore you lost by a car and a half the first run... but if you want a re-match, I have all 8 working now... (dramatic pause) want to run them again? Stop or a roll? " he just walked away with his jaw down. :)

hehehehe

gotta love it when you know you are faster than the challenger. :)

Good runs man. Keep it up, I know that the Ls are fast off the line and in the 1/4. If I were a truck man, I would get one. :)

morrisc

Established Member
bird, I have spoken with 00ss a couple of times. When I go to dallas we will have to hook up. You will have to show me where the street racing action is at

wheelspin

Established Member
Welcome aboard bird.
We were joking amongst oursleves at the strip this spring about what the ricers do to keep awake through the 1/4, only to turn around and see about 5 or 6 of them glaring at us. Oops.
The first time I went to the track, about 4 years ago or so, there as a jackelope in an 89 or so 2 door Accord lined up against me. I staged and waited, and he inched forward. When the top yellow light went, HE TOOK OFF! I was like, HOY SHIT! No what? IT was only a test and tune, and the red started blinking on his side. I sat about 2 or 3 seconds to see if the tree would go down, but it didn't, so I took off. Sad thing is, I beat the fool to the far end! He had the jump, and at least a 2.5 second head start, and I still ran him down. I only wish the timer worked for that run so I could have gotten a slip... Oh well. I got a good laugh anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread