Well we need a key.

skipnay

Established Member
After talking to the dealership it will ocst us $150 plus tax for a key and them to program it. WTF? I just bought tires for this car and your going to tell me it's the same price as a tire? What is also nice there is no warranty on it if the chip doesn't work or anything else. There has to be a cheaper or better way then this. :nonono:

scott_0

Established Member
After talking to the dealership it will ocst us $150 plus tax for a key and them to program it. WTF? I just bought tires for this car and your going to tell me it's the same price as a tire? What is also nice there is no warranty on it if the chip doesn't work or anything else. There has to be a cheaper or better way then this. :nonono:
didn't you just buy this car? did the key stop working or didn't come with a spare? either way, I wouldn't pay for the key, I'd make the dealership, pretty sure they have to provide atleast two working keys, and why are YOU buying tires for a car you just bought?

Last edited:

nate714

Established Member
You might be able to buy the key unprogrammed for cheaper. I did this with a 98 key and a family friend at the dealership programmed it for me. Check youtube they might be fairly easy to program like the older digital keys. But the post above is right, the dealership should have provided 2 keys at purchase and newish tires.

scott_0

Established Member
Check youtube they might be fairly easy to program like the older digital keys.
you need to have atleast two working keys to program a key yourself, it's very easy to do provided you have two keys

skipnay

Established Member
I'm buying the car from friends of mine. I already knew it needed tires. I also didn't know it needed a key. The key is missing as of now and hasn't been seen for a year or more. I don't want to go into detail but the couple I'm buying this from has some problems.

One works, the other has been very lacking when it comes to jobs, life, and just doing anything. The lacking one is the one that drove the car all the time. Just an FYI I picked the car up on my trailer. I drove it off the trailer. I also moved it once in my driveway and needless to say it was out of gas. There house is about 10 miles from the nearess gas station.

Last edited:

Bgoins

Established Member
Bought my blank online for about 30. You need two other working keys to program the blank. Took them to the dealership and the dealer cut and programmed the blank for free when I got my oil changed. This is for a non-remote key

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Im certain there are mobile key programing jockies in your area. We use them at are dealership. The prices are reasonable, do a search!

Users who are viewing this thread