Well we bought a new Mustang GT Convertible Saturday

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Wanted one...wasnt looking to get one....minivan was getting old...we have a new Tahoe already for family haulin...so it was time to get a new 2006 Mustang GT Convertible and one my wife could also enjoy from time to time. She can not drive a manual trans car...so this time my toy is the new 5 speed automatic. This car is very nice indeed. Ford really did their homework. Very comfortable to drive, big time fun factor for a stock Convertible. Very rigid chassis...sweet exhaust note....Cant wait to put the top down.
The 20 inch MC2 Forged wheels and the Convertible Lightbar really make this car.

And yes..the Sonic Cobra is gone..I traded her in along with the minivan to keep the price down on the new stang. The sonic is sold already at the dealership. This was the easiest way for me to get the new Stang I wanted and to keep my wife happy. A happy wife is a happy home

Sansone Ford Rte. 66 in Neptune NJ . The crew there was awesome...Anthony (use to work at JDM) sold me the new stang and I also worked with Joe over there....the best new car buying experience ever.

Click Here to View Photo's of Our New 2006 Mustang GT Convertible

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Thanks man for the house comps.

I agree..I am not big on 20's either..but these just look right for some reason.
I could lower it ..but I just will leave well enough alone for now. The vert seems to sit lower than coupes for some reason stock even.

Here is a pic of the backyard ....keeps kids happy.

http://members.aol.com/hotrodharrys/poolarea2004.jpg

So now all is complete....wife happy+kids happy=daddy happy

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Just maroon/cranberry front/hood/trunk and lower side stripes...and the plenum cover...thats is. No performance mods in my plans yet...maybe a tune later.

I have her going in for the stripes next week....I have the Roush hoodscoop being painted and then it will go on with the stripes too at a later date.

the rims/tires and lightbar were pretty expensive.....

smkstang1

Established Member
Looks awsome.... By the way Very nice house.... How much does a house like this go for...?

I am asking cause I really want to move out of new york, but dont know where to go since I work on wall street and dont plan on switching jobs...

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Thanks.....well..house wise..I dont want to give my money bracket away....but it goes for more than I ever imagined something I would own. Realestate has gone nuts here.

Dont laugh at my striping attempt...I just did it fast and never did this before..just use a paint program....just to get an idea...squint your eyes and step away from the computer..LOL

2006stangstripe3.jpg

2006stangstripe2a1.jpg

Last edited:

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Thanks.....stripes will be a darker maroon than my computer could come up with fast in that standard paint program. The stripes will be 8 inch stripes with a 1 inch space between them...then the outer stripes will accent the main stripes. The sides stripes will have FORD written in on the lower front fender area also. I know alot of people say it looks awesome without the stripes ....but I guess its because I am an old musclecar guy and always loved the looks of the Shelby stangs....so Stripes it is. Hopefully some time this week it will get done then I will post some pics. Thanks again everyone

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Well....she is at the Stipers right now...should have her back Thursday....yes I am very nervous and hope all goes well. Like I said...it is vinyl striping...so if I am wrong..then I can always take them off. I really do think the car will look good with the maroon/cranberry stripes. I am going with 8 1/2 inch stripes...1 inch apart...no outer pinstripe...just the two solid stripes across the front.hood,trunk and rear of car. Then the side stripes will be the one we all have seen and will say Ford on the lower fender part. Thanks again guys for trying to talk me into no stripes and for some saying it will look good.

Users who are viewing this thread