Well...The UPS Guy (Brown Clown) Dropped Off My First Round of Mods

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
I had a credit from some returned parts so I cashed it in on some suspension goodies. First up were some Ford Racing lowering springs. Since the wife pissed me this afternoon and the girlfriend is busy (joke) I figured I would sequester myself in the garage.

7yjy5e6e.jpg

yhabu2at.jpg

A few before pics.

ruguhena.jpg

Before Front:
3uqa9a3e.jpg

Before Rear:
uvy2upet.jpg

After working no nothing but trucks for for the last several years I have to say that these things are such a pleasure to work on. I'm so accustomed hanging off the ratchet to break stuff loose.

e4e8ygy7.jpg

ryde2e9u.jpg

ape7yhys.jpg

tejype9y.jpg

2egamegu.jpg

After front then rear:

zyzuvage.jpg

qymuzu2u.jpg

I got about an inch in the front and about 3/4" in the rear. I'm sure there will be some settling in and I will get the advertised 1 1/2" in the rear.

Another highly recommended mod by everyone on this site, big thanks.

sezunudy.jpg

Just a teaser of tomorrow's fun !!!

upu8amy6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Snoopy49

Established Member
I see that UPS stress tested the box you parts came in.
Did you install an adjustable panhard bar? How far did the rear end shift from side to side?

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
Yea....hence the clown comment. On the rest of the goodies........I can't give away tomorrows fun.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice post with pics, looking forward to seeing the next round of mods, I'm living through you guys til my car gets here :)
-J

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
Please, for the love of God, resize and/or crop your photos.

Atheist .......so.....NO.

They are off my iPhone so messing with them only makes it worse. Besides, fat and messy is the message I'm tryin to convey.

huggytree

Established Member
with it dropped 1" extra wont it scrape something on a daily basis??

i cant imagine mine being any lower....its crazy low stock

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
I can say with some certainty that I'm of average intelligence but occasionally in my ignorance, as previously indicated, I blindly fall into sheer genius. Went to the store and picked up the latest release of the mind numbing Twilight saga for the wife to undo what ever "I" did yesterday that sent me to the garage. Little did I know that this would result in her taking over the television and sending me to the garage. Totally unplanned. Just wanted to add the back story, Anyways........

I got the lower control arms, track bar, and drop brackets installed. I was a little nervous about going with the rod ends on both sides, instead of the polyurethane on one. My concerns, upon initial review, are no longer of any concern.

y3e7e3yh.jpg

he9azedy.jpg

The design and fitment of the BMR products was in my opinion top notch. Everything fit perfectly and the only time it didn't was when I was doing something wrong. Which happened, until I read the instructions.

ryte5ydu.jpg

azejypur.jpg

yhy5epez.jpg

Once I got the installed parts torqued down an got the weight of the car back on the suspension I found that lowering the car put the axle 7/16" out of wack. I believe this answers a question posed earlier. Adjusting the track bar was a breeze and I had the wheel as centered as I could get it using the level and tape measure technique. I will be sending to my buddies alignment rack shortly. I'm within a 32nd of an inch now.

The concept behind the track bar was pretty straight forward. When it comes to the lower control arms its a little foggy as to what I need to measure in order to make them work as designed. If its just pinion angle, then I will make that right once I get the upper control arm ordered. (Credit all gone). I eyeballed the well as centered as I could and adjusted the lower control arms accordingly. I really couldn't find a good point of measure/reference point to the front and rear of the center of the rim.

The roads are still very cold up here and the air temp is 38ish so romping on the car was not an option. I can say that the back end feels tighter and more responsive, even under some feeble attempts at running up the RPMs.

So, for now if someone can jump in on the lower control arm adjustment, it would be much appreciated.

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
with it dropped 1" extra wont it scrape something on a daily basis??

i cant imagine mine being any lower....its crazy low stock

I will let u know. I just can't stand how much space there is between the fenders and tires from the factory.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Not sure what the issue is, I find eviltwins to be pretty entertaining even in a weird twisted dimwitted kind of way.....:lol1:

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
Not sure what the issue is, I find eviltwins to be pretty entertaining even in a weird twisted dimwitted kind of way.....:lol1:

Thanks Bud.......Just lookin to keep things interesting and informative. I'm serious 40 regular and 25 hours OT a week...........gotta unwind somewhere. You know the deal I'm sure, you can either go insane from seeing tragedy or find some sick humor in it. :dancenana:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Thanks Bud.......Just lookin to keep things interesting and informative. I'm serious 40 regular and 25 hours OT a week...........gotta unwind somewhere. You know the deal I'm sure, you can either go insane from seeing tragedy or find some sick humor in it. :dancenana:

I usually come up with my best stuff on the scene of a tragedy, or I am thinking about dinner....:shrug:

Colleton

Established Member

His thread here was informative and amusing. My only complaint were the giant pics that break the page formatting, and then the tone of his reply to me. ...but, hey, it's the internet.

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
His thread here was informative and amusing. My only complaint were the giant pics that break the page formatting, and then the tone of his reply to me. ...but, hey, it's the internet.

Sorry, I do all my pics via my iphone/iPad and upload thru TapTalk so the pics look perfectly fine. It wasn't until I logged in on the regular site that I realized heat you were referring to. If provided with such information when the initial complaint was made there would have been changes made to accommodate the unfavorable situation that I had unknowingly created.

CRAP.....started off all normal and went right into work mode halfway thru the paragraph.

I suppose I should get a photo hosting site.

Users who are viewing this thread