Welder / exhaust shop in North/Central NJ?

SVTspeed

Established Member
On the Daily Driver, Lexus RC 350 AWD, I want to do a muffler delete. I bought a used stock axleback exhaust system from a forum member. I am going to use that as my car is a lease. I need a muffler delete done, and quad tips welded on. That way I can just unbolt mine and put that on, and vice versa when lease is up. I have the tips, and its just some SS piping to put where the 2 mufflers are.

I know KC Custom Exhaust is good in Ramsey, was seeing if there is anything closer.

Thanks,
Mike

sonic cobra

Established Member
Mufflex muffler shop on rt 33, hamilton Twp, near Trenton.
they do a lot of custom exhaust work. Welded in my subframe connectors years ago and never an issue since

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Mufflex muffler shop on rt 33, hamilton Twp, near Trenton.
they do a lot of custom exhaust work. Welded in my subframe connectors years ago and never an issue since

I've used them before but was not happy with what it took to get what I wanted on my Mini Cooper S. So called "custom" shop but when I told them what I wanted it seemed like a chore each time to them. I mean, I'm paying them right?

Two examples are I wanted the muffler outlet stub outs cut back so they wouldn't protrude into my 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 polished tips before they welded them on. I couldn't believe they didn't even ask me first and I barely caught the welder and told him before he went to work welding. He said, "I think it looks just fine. It's cool how it sticks through." I didn't realize this was meant to please him? Also I wanted the tip flush with the bumper which I didn't get. By that time they told me I can't be in the shop and had to wait in the waiting room because they didn't have the patience to care what I wanted. I told them I'd pay them for the work they do, that's not a problem, but I want the result to be what I want. Nope. They were frustrated. So charge me you bone head! Don't claim to be a custom shop based on what you think looks good.

Case in point, find another shop if you know what you want, otherwise they don't have the time for you (although they charged me $380 for a piece of SS exhaust pipe and some labor). I bought the muffler and tips.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I've used them before but was not happy with what it took to get what I wanted on my Mini Cooper S. So called "custom" shop but when I told them what I wanted it seemed like a chore each time to them. I mean, I'm paying them right?

Two examples are I wanted the muffler outlet stub outs cut back so they wouldn't protrude into my 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 polished tips before they welded them on. I couldn't believe they didn't even ask me first and I barely caught the welder and told him before he went to work welding. He said, "I think it looks just fine. It's cool how it sticks through." I didn't realize this was meant to please him? Also I wanted the tip flush with the bumper which I didn't get. By that time they told me I can't be in the shop and had to wait in the waiting room because they didn't have the patience to care what I wanted. I told them I'd pay them for the work they do, that's not a problem, but I want the result to be what I want. Nope. They were frustrated. So charge me you bone head! Don't claim to be a custom shop based on what you think looks good.

Case in point, find another shop if you know what you want, otherwise they don't have the time for you (although they charged me $380 for a piece of SS exhaust pipe and some labor). I bought the muffler and tips.

A friend of mine took his crown vic here for exhaust, they sold him a 2.5" SS409 exhaust made out of aluminized pipe. By the time he got rid of the car, the exhaust had rust holes all over the place.

I thought they were a good shop to until I saw that shit. I drove 2 1/2 hours down to MBS in Pasadena MD and Greg @ MBS did a phenominal job building the exhaust on my marauder. A lot of marauder owners I know go to this shop as well, I'll be returning with my bmw one day.

Users who are viewing this thread