weld-in xpipe???

Jforce05

Established Member
I just bought my 2003 cobra and i was looking around under it today and I noticed the previous owner had installed an xpipe and had the factory h pipe removed. I thought it was kindof odd because they seemed to have welded the xpipe into the hpipes position and the car seems to still have the stock cats. Maybe they kept the cats on for warrenty reasons. I want to cut it all out now and buy a catted maggie xpipe but I dont think ford warrenty would like that at all. Has anyone heard of anyone doing this? Anyhelp would be much appreciated!

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
yes, magnaflow sells this pipe to weld in behind the stock cats. i put one on my wife's 03 gt convertable when it was brand new. it is designed to give you the x pipe sound with the warrenty friendly stock cats

moonltgold

Warranty will be fine with anything behind the stock cats. I have a "cut and weld" Bassani I use for emissions time; the rest of the time I use the catted Mag X.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
My 03 has the same type of set up. Stock cats into a welded X-pipe. The worst part about it is that the original owner had the mufflers completely removed. I have a set of Flows on the way, but it sounds like it's under water right now.

Users who are viewing this thread