Weld in muffler

ViciousJay

Established Member
Seeing how im looking into a axle back i figured i could save an extra $150 (put towards JLT intake) and just throw a set of weld in mufflers on, what should i look into? i was debating Flowmaster Superflow 44 s or a Magnaflow or Mac universal muffler of some sort. Which should i look into? I know alot of you will say "why not just get a axle back"? thing is an axle back really is nothing more then some mufflers with bigger tips and to be honest i kinda like the stock tips this time around

opinions?

Last edited:

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Mac all da way. IMO. They sound better than magnaflow. I had a 99 cobra and put on 4 different mufflers til I stuck with Mac. Also I listened to mustangs around town and the one that sounded the best, I asked what they had to get a better idea

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I really like MAC.. I wonder what they would sound like on the new 5.0 ..

LS2GTO

Established Member
shouldnt be any different then what it sounds like on the 03/04 cobra, gt500, or mach1 they are all 4v, justttttttt different cubic inches

Except the biggest difference of all being muffler placement. All those cars have the mufflers under the car, not behind the axle. Those can sound completely different.

Users who are viewing this thread