weird sounds coming from right front end

Lad30nyc

Established Member
Ok here is my issue. There is a squeking sound, sometimes a knocking sound coming from the right front side of the car at times. Now it can come and go and sometimes linger for a while, or never come at all, but I can't see to figure it out. When i got the car about a year ago I re-did the suspension; H&R SS springs, Bilstein HD shocks and struts, UPR extremem bumpsteer kit, UPR offset rack bushings, 3pt strut brace, new spring isolators, new upper and lower control arms and MM C/C plates.
It seems to happen randomly, it can come on during a launch, a turn, braking, or just rolling out of a stop sign or a red light. Like I said, most of the time its just a squeking (almost has like a bounce to it, like a squeking spring in a mattress!) and at other times it can be a real knocking. Usually when I get the more intense knocking, if my GF is in ther car she will say she feels a thump under her feet.
If i could get a clip of it I would, but I would be driving around all day with my camera on and would most likely get nothing!

So if anyone can offer some insight I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks
Liam

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
I had a sim. sound and it was the tie rods on my SUV, but I am not sure in your case, but it is what I was experiencing (hope this can be of help)

Users who are viewing this thread