weight transfer parts help.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I am trying to setup my car for mainly the drag strip so i want the best possible weight transfer to the rear i can get for better launches and traction down the track. I have upr pro series control arms and relocation brackets for lca installed on the car right now. I am trying to make a list of parts and to improve the suspension.

Cobra jet springs or bmr springs. which one will be better?
Gt500 strut mount
Strange adjustable shocks
And whiteline 27mm rear sway bar because i have a clearence issue with the stock sway bar and lca brackets.

The car has drag radials now but i will be running slicks in the future.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
I am trying to setup my car for mainly the drag strip so i want the best possible weight transfer to the rear i can get for better launches and traction down the track. I have upr pro series control arms and relocation brackets for lca installed on the car right now. I am trying to make a list of parts and to improve the suspension.

Cobra jet springs or bmr springs. which one will be better?
Gt500 strut mount
Strange adjustable shocks
And whiteline 27mm rear sway bar because i have a clearence issue with the stock sway bar and lca brackets.

The car has drag radials now but i will be running slicks in the future.

Both of those springs are a good choice. Can't go wrong with either.

A GT500 strut mount an a set of strange adjustable struts -
Strange Engineering Adjustable Front Struts 2005-10 (2011-up) GT/GT500 (PAIR) - Justin's Performance Center

A set of Viking adjustable shocks-
Viking 05-13 Mustang Double Adjustable Shock - Justin's Performance Center

Skip the whiteline sway bar and go with a BMR Anti Roll Bar.
BMR Rear Xtreme Anti-roll Bar - Justin's Performance Center

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member

Strange Engineering Adjustable Front Struts 2005-10 (2011-up) GT/GT500 (PAIR) - Justin's Performance Center

Thanks. How is the bmr anti roll bar on the street? The car does alot of street drivng but is not a daily driver. I dont care if its loud or not i just want it to be streetable. Also what kind of benefits do you get from an antiroll bar if you dont mind me asking.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Unlike a sway bar an Anti Roll Bar 100% eliminates any body roll when setup properly. This allows the car to launch straight and evenly every time.

This is a picture of my car pre anti roll bar. As you can see it's pretty well twisted.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1048149_10151481930026761_750590488_o.jpg

The anti roll bar will eliminate all of that and have both sides come up equally

As far as street ability goes we've got these in quite a few cars and they log a good amount of street miles. I've probably put a hundred or so miles on a car with one and didnt even notice it. If you know your not going to the track for a while you can always disconnect the anti roll bar from the axle (it's just 2 9/16 bolts) and then reconnect it at the track.

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Unlike a sway bar an Anti Roll Bar 100% eliminates any body roll when setup properly. This allows the car to launch straight and evenly every time.

This is a picture of my car pre anti roll bar. As you can see it's pretty well twisted.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1048149_10151481930026761_750590488_o.jpg

The anti roll bar will eliminate all of that and have both sides come up equally

I see. It will help distribute weight more evenly across the rear tires. Is there a lot of moding that needs to be done to install it? I know that welding is required but not sure how envolved the installation is. I will probably do it my self as with everything else on the car really.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
I see. It will help distribute weight more evenly across the rear tires. Is there a lot of moding that needs to be done to install it? I know that welding is required but not sure how envolved the installation is. I will probably do it my self as with everything else on the car really.

Its pretty much a bolt on other than welding the tabs to the rear.

The BMR unit is nice because it still uses bushings so its much more street friendly.

:edit:

here is a picture of a car launching with BMR anti roll
935695_10200331688673671_1098522355_n.jpg

Last edited:

jojobee

Established Member

Viking is coming out with double adjustables for the front in Q1 2014.

If they were available would you recommend to use the double adj in front too and stay with Vikings on all four corners for a car that will do equally street, track and drag ?

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Viking is coming out with double adjustables for the front in Q1 2014.

If they were available would you recommend to use the double adj in front too and stay with Vikings on all four corners for a car that will do equally street, track and drag ?

double adjustable front maybe a little over kill for most cars.

You only really need them if the car has a wheelie problem. If you need to adjust how hard the car is setting back down.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I just wish that this parts help me plant the power on the first half of the track. The car ran 7.3 at 99 mph on the 1/8 and 11.2 at 126 at the end of the track so it looks like its starting to hook half way down the track. 7.3 1/8 mile should be like a mid 11 second slip

Ratchet

Established Member

Damn you... and I was all set to get coil overs. :banana:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we run the dbl adj strange on the front and the rear along with an antiroll bar on the blue car

I never unhook a side on it as well, always drove fine on the street, as long as your not trying to set any records on the bends you'll be fine.

we are running the Vikings on the rear of the red car, and will be putting their dbl adj fronts as soon as they are available.

I can set you up with anything you need as well mano

beef
513-478-1965

BMR Tech

Good info in here.

Excellent recommendations from people who use the parts in this thread.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Are the Vikings that much better than the stranges? There is a large price difference.

And are the bmr springs the regular lowering springs or there are other sets for drag racing?

Last edited:

twistid

Established Member
do you offer mil discounts on strange rear shocks? I'm looking to buy some to pair with eibach sportlines.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
the bmr is a great all around spring, I fought lowering the blue car for some time, after we put the bmr's on the red car, and I made the drive to and from Maryland 12 hours each way

I immediately put them on the blue car. stance was soo much better, and ride is still excellent.

dorothy9.jpg

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Are the Vikings that much better than the stranges? There is a large price difference.

And are the bmr springs the regular lowering springs or there are other sets for drag racing?

Well if your looking at the strange single adjustable then the answer is YES Viking is better.

The Vikings are double adjustable so you can control compression and rebound. Which is crucial in drag strip suspension tuning.

You are now able to control how hard your hitting the tires as well as how long you can hold the tire down.

If your serious about drag racing then a double adjustable is what you need.

Most single adjustable's will get you in the ball park but if you're looking for all you can get dont waste time.

The BMR springs are a good all around unit for sure the CJ stuff is more drag strip friendly.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Well if your looking at the strange single adjustable then the answer is YES Viking is better.

The Vikings are double adjustable so you can control compression and rebound. Which is crucial in drag strip suspension tuning.

You are now able to control how hard your hitting the tires as well as how long you can hold the tire down.

Most single adjustable's will get you in the ball park but if you're looking for all you can get dont waste time.

The BMR springs are a good all around unit for sure the CJ stuff is more drag strip friendly.

Great. Thanks for the info. I will go with the viking setup for the rear. I like the way the bmr stance looks. And they run good at the drag strip so I will go with those along with the bmr anti roll bar. Anything else that will help? Eventually I will get the k member and a arms but not until the rear suspension is finished.

BMR Tech

I can't help but foam at the mouth, when looking at this picture. Not beause of bias, but - WOW that just looks incredible. :rockon:

Agree 100%
! I do believe that both work equally on the strip, though (BMR/CJ)

Great. Thanks for the info. I will go with the viking setup for the rear. I like the way the bmr stance looks. And they run good at the drag strip so I will go with those along with the bmr anti roll bar. Anything else that will help? Eventually I will get the k member and a arms but not until the rear suspension is finished.

Great choice. You will have great luck with those components.

I had a customer a few weeks back, go from a completely stock suspension with a TVS-79mm Pulley......to a "mild" BMR set-up....with Viking rears, and Strange Single Fronts.

He went from 1.6X sixties and 10.70's@131 to 1.42 sixties and 10.40's.

His last 3 passes (sixties) before the suspension were 1.64 / 1.68 / 1.69

His first 3 passes (sixties) after the suspension were 1.45 / 1.44 / 1.42.....

BMR Springs
Strange Single Fronts
Viking Double Rears
BMR UCA/Mount
BMR LCA/Brackets

Aggressive stance, aggressive AND consistent sixties, better ETs. :beer:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Yea I can't wait to have everything on along with the proper rear end gears. This car has to be in the 10s for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread