Weight Reduction List:

crazyrifle

Established Member
I did a bolt in battery kit using a Lithium battery yesterday on my '13 GT500, it dropped 29.5 pounds off the front of the car.

We also had rotors built for the GT500 fronts, prior to 2013's and for the rears that dropped. They are both two piece, aluminum hats, superb quality and made in the USA, lighter than any other replacement rotor out there. Rears on the pre-'13 cars came in at 13 pounds stock and ours were 9.3 each. Fronts are 25 pounds and ours are 20.2 pounds each.

That's 46.5 pounds total for those things. Not a bad start.

is the battery work on dd car?

2008vistablue

Established Member
just replaced my radiator support this weekend with Steeda (kept the swaybar) and replaced the D/S with a DSS carbon fibre. Car is a LOT faster with the driveshaft. However it has a slight vib only on decel from 35-25 mph and the goes away. Seamless any other time.

specizripn

Established Member
If you have $800 to spend and a lift, or a bigger budget to pay someone to drop your tranny you can lose 75 lbs with a carbon fiber transmission tunnel. I think MMR has them. Thats wht the top fuel funny car and pro mod guys use. They do a good job at protecting you if your tranny blows up and they are very light!

twistedneck

Established Member
If you have $800 to spend and a lift, or a bigger budget to pay someone to drop your tranny you can lose 75 lbs with a carbon fiber transmission tunnel. I think MMR has them. Thats wht the top fuel funny car and pro mod guys use. They do a good job at protecting you if your tranny blows up and they are very light!

good idea but can you imagine the labor bill to cut out the steel tunnel and glue in the composite?

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
What have people done for aftermarket, lighter, seats? What issues, if any, are there for 2008 GT500's for air bags if you swap to aftermarket seats?

Kirkley seats will shed quite a bit of weight because the stock seats are pigs. Planning on doing this in the future when i offically step into bracket racing. You'll get the airbag light, but im unsure if the steering wheel and dash bags will work still if the lights on. Theres ways to keep that light off though

Sent from my huge ass SAMSUNG NOTE using tapatalk 2

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Does anybody have weight savings for the spec p trim with an aluminum flywheel over the Mcleod RXT with the stock steel fly wheel?

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Does anybody have weight savings for the spec p trim with an aluminum flywheel over the Mcleod RXT with the stock steel fly wheel?

I just looked at my UPS bills for the weight.

The RXT with the lightened steel flywheel was 48 pounds.

The SPEC P-Trim with aluminum flywheel was 42 pounds.

red gt500

Established Member
swaping a kenne bill or a whipple over a stock blower ..any one have an idea of how much weight saving or gains on this swap ?

voodoo21

Double Tap
Established Member
Free weight savings

First off let me say that what I did most of you won't and will consider it unsafe. Please Dont flame me on this, as I have been doing this to our cars from back during the Crawford performance days......Remove the front and rear bumpers & brackets. They provide very little support to your bumper covers. Now add to this the rear seat delete along with belts, bolts and brackets.....rear axle weights.....rear sub & amps....nice savings with nothing but time ......I will purchase a 1 piece drive shaft and steeda radiator support.....aluminum lower control arms......Oh and I did go on a diet and lost 55 pounds!!!!...As trivial as it seems, I got under the car with a zip wheel and cut off any studs that extended past the bolt......I know its ocd.....but I got bored.
ETA: Just for the curious, the weight of the bumpers, foam, & brackets/bolts came out
to 31 lbs.
ETA:
Went and weighed the car today.....certified scale at a local pilot.....3770 w/ half tank of
fuel.......still looking for more free weight savings.

Last edited:

Luillo69

Established Member
Any updates from anyone? someone must have weighed a hood by now!

Has anyone weighed there actual car yet? I'm wondering how accurate the 3,920 Lbs edmunds lists is with the shaker 1000 and a full tank or what?

2013 GT500 100% stock with 1/4 tank 63 miles to empty came at 3,800 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread