Weekend Plans?

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
What track? I’m up in Boothbay Harbor ME. Nicest car I seen was a ‘70 Chevelle SS. Gorgeous. Must have been going to a show or cruise, but not a clue where. This is Subaru country. Lol.
I'm not at the track, Bob. That was my buddies car I was working on...he's dealing with a serious, life-changing health issue right now.

@1wild-horse Joe was at the track, I'm not sure which one though.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I'm not at the track, Bob. That was my buddies car I was working on...he's dealing with a serious, life-changing health issue right now.

Sorry to hear about your buddy, thoughts and prayers brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Arrived at our camp on Friday night. It had 4 inches of rain in 2 days. The PO d I dug in shale and rock is holding water. Spring was slow. Looking like I can keep digging. Check out the blue stone I'm scoring.
90cf4d6dc8927174a048d2fef94f4511.jpg
105011c6567cddfcdcb2e737c744b339.jpg
12a9c83b499714f0716884b8c8529134.jpg
5da1ee102f7262b9a83a5e8e3416b7c5.jpg
be9d0c6232fe3057a1844de11a6869a1.jpg

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Ah, ok.

I’ll keep your buddy in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear about your buddy, thoughts and prayers brother.

Thank you. It's very serious and we need all the prayers we can get.

Arrived at our camp on Friday night. It had 4 inches of rain in 2 days. The PO d I dug in shale and rock is holding water. Spring was slow. Looking like I can keep digging. Check out the blue stone I'm scoring.View attachment 1581513View attachment 1581514View attachment 1581515View attachment 1581516View attachment 1581517
Very nice.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member

You're a good man brother. Really hope he pulls through.

I was at North Iowa Dragway. Oldest drag strip in Iowa. Lots of history there, was a really busy place back in the day. Mickey Thompson has made a visit. Next weekend Jeff Lutz and Ryan Martin are supposedly coming to try and break the track record.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're a good man brother. Really hope he pulls through.

I was at North Iowa Dragway. Oldest drag strip in Iowa. Lots of history there, was a really busy place back in the day. Mickey Thompson has made a visit. Next weekend Jeff Lutz and Ryan Martin are supposedly coming to try and break the track record.

I love the older tracks. So much history and memories for the locals. Our own Connecticut Dragway is long gone, but not forgotten.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CV355

_
Established Member

That's no good to hear. Hope I didn't insult anyone with that sheet metal weld comment, just giving a little friendly crap...

I love the older tracks. So much history and memories for the locals. Our own Connecticut Dragway is long gone, but not forgotten.

I remember hearing the stories when I lived up in CT. But I mean, you do have the Waterford Speed Bowl 100' drags. That's like a sad consolation prize, if you've ever been there.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
@Smooth, A friend of mine just asked me to go up to that. Too much in the same weekend. He has a blue Mach 1 but I don't know if he is showing it or not.
Stay hydrated, going to be a hot one today!
Gates open at 10am. @ the track, bound to be a crowd for Lutz and Martin so going to help finish some windows we put in last night then head down closer to when eliminations start.

Users who are viewing this thread