Weekend Plans?

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm just glad it was only $4
Only time I go to the movies is when I get a cheap/free ticket. And yes like most movies the trailers gave too much away.

In one of the opening scenes where he's filing his horns you can see the prosthetic horn stump moving on his head like it wasn't glued down right and crappy cgi dust overlayed lol.
You contrast that to the the first movies practical effects that were fantastic, and set the bar for others... I still prefer them to CGI. That movie magic is a dying art.

I just still don't know how they fell asleep, and stayed asleep with the sound rumbling the seats... some romance or drama I could understand but an "action" movie that gives the THX a workout should have been enough to keep them awake.

Figuring out how they could sleep was more interesting than the story.
Oddly enough I've been reading the reviews and others have reported falling asleep durring the movie too.

Sent from my Note9

90lx

Established Member
I quit my job of 6 1/2 years yesterday. I was turning wrenches for a small independent shop. The pressure and stress had become too much and I was close to my breaking point. I'm finally realizing that life is too short to feel so miserable. I tried talking to my boss numerous times and all I got was broken promises and him playing the blame game, so I decided that I would make changes myself and that meant quitting. I'm honestly wanting to get out of the trade but I decided I would give it another chance so I'm going to work with a good friend I met working at the ford dealership about 10 years ago. I'm kind of nervous going to work for a friend, but I made it clear to him that if I had the slightest clue that things didn't feel right, I would have to leave because I value our friendship more than the employment. We'll see how it goes.

blackfang

Established Member
Wife and I both worked this weekend and relaxed watching the race last night on tv.

Next weekend will be up in Pa opening our cabin starting the weekend travel season. Always on the go when I am off..ha ha.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I quit my job of 6 1/2 years yesterday. I was turning wrenches for a small independent shop. The pressure and stress had become too much and I was close to my breaking point. I'm finally realizing that life is too short to feel so miserable. I tried talking to my boss numerous times and all I got was broken promises and him playing the blame game, so I decided that I would make changes myself and that meant quitting. I'm honestly wanting to get out of the trade but I decided I would give it another chance so I'm going to work with a good friend I met working at the ford dealership about 10 years ago. I'm kind of nervous going to work for a friend, but I made it clear to him that if I had the slightest clue that things didn't feel right, I would have to leave because I value our friendship more than the employment. We'll see how it goes.
Good luck!!!

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I forgot to update.

Total trip was 2,865 miles. Had some great weather in Charlotte and drove the last 175 miles or so through Wisconsin in the rain...not fun.

I got to do 3 laps around CMS ROVAL in the rain, was still really cool.

This weekend I'm hibernating due to the weather here...possible inch of snow today. Was maybe gonna do a cruise with the car club tomorrow but I haven't washed the car yet so I'm out.

@1wild-horse , How much snow have you got, Joe?

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Wife wanted to go up to Western NY this weekend. Soooooo woke up to snow and 30 mph wind. Snowed till noon, wind blowing all day. Feel like temps in the 20's, now warming up to feel like 30's. Bad day here is still better then a good day working. Thanks SVTP for giving comical relief.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
@1wild-horse , How much snow have you got, Joe?[/QUOTE]

We had a couple inches at one time during the day. Melted about as fast as it came down. Only a dusting remaining this morning.
I had a yard full of cars so it was work work work again this Saturday. Today I'm going either couch potato or prep the basement bedrooms for flooring. Maybe get some of it down..

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
="1wild-horse, post: 16185579, member: 84197"]

We had a couple inches at one time during the day. Melted about as fast as it came down. Only a dusting remaining this morning.
I had a yard full of cars so it was work work work again this Saturday. Today I'm going either couch potato or prep the basement bedrooms for flooring. Maybe get some of it down..
I dodged a bullet...didn't even get any rain. It missed me by about 30 miles.

So I got the car cleaned up and I'm going on a cruise with my club today.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Sound like the season is off and running! I have a lot to do yet. Took the cover off the Cobra last weekend, need to do spring maintenance and get it cleaned up. Supposed to go on a cruise next week to a haunted mansion. Need to spend some quality time working on my own junk for once LOL!

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
We had 42 cars show up for the cruise today. Too cold to put the top down but I enjoyed the boost weather.
97d928c3d300e933ae70109226a83c94.jpg
3f18ceffa2c79a511a0b63991377bca7.jpg

blackfang

Established Member
We relaxed this weekend and I went fishing for about an hour and a half yesterday evening and this morning. Next weekend we are heading to the cabin in Pa.
Caught this little guy last night.
58581892_10214497670299033_1125674214901153792_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fric1-2.jpg

And this morning damn near same spot, a nice crappie 14 inches on the same lure, a Cabelas 3 inch grub in bluegill pattern.
58625920_10214501838203228_8154297064189067264_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fric1-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread