Weekend Open Track Oil Change

cobraboss

Established Member
Should you change oil after every weekend of open tracking with 93 octane or for sure with E-85? By the way we are using Amsoil. Tks.

masterjr33

Established Member
change it every 8 hours of HARD use. We Figure a hour of hard use is the equiv to 1000 regular driving miles.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
change it every 8 hours of HARD use. We Figure a hour of hard use is the equiv to 1000 regular driving miles.

Not sure if I agree with you, or not. I've seen circle track race cars at WOT for 4-5 weekends straight using Amsoil Dominator. If not for excessive levels of lead ppm (due to leaded race fuel), the lubricant would still have been suitable for use. With OP using high quality lubricant like Amsoil, he'd be OK racing on the weekend, then driving it on Monday. Have people take Amsoil 5K miles with two track weekends during the oil change interval, and their sample was just fine. Could have been used longer.

This has happened a lot in the GT500 and Boss UOA threads.

cobraboss

Established Member
Not sure if I agree with you, or not. I've seen circle track race cars at WOT for 4-5 weekends straight using Amsoil Dominator. If not for excessive levels of lead ppm (due to leaded race fuel), the lubricant would still have been suitable for use. With OP using high quality lubricant like Amsoil, he'd be OK racing on the weekend, then driving it on Monday. Have people take Amsoil 5K miles with two track weekends during the oil change interval, and their sample was just fine. Could have been used longer.

What about E-85?

RusWolf

Established Member

Would this also apply when running Royal Purple HPS 10w-30?

Users who are viewing this thread