Weekend Getaway Ideas

COBRA97SVT

Established Member
So im looking at getting away with the wife for a weekend. I have a few ideas in mind and just wanting to hear a few more.. Nothing too crazy, and go..

Machdup1

Established Member
Long Weekend in Jamaica.

https://www.cheapcaribbean.com

file_2869936733868079461620x310.jpg

Blown 89

Established Member
I have a spare room.
I was about to laugh at this but realized that two of my closest friends in this world I met on the Corral with just such a response.

The first was a guy on the Corral that posted asking what there was to do in Phoenix, I replied with something stupid like "Video games on my sofa". Imagine my surprise when this stranger actually showed up. 15 years later and we talk on the phone almost every day and he was one of my groomsmen (I didn't have a best man) at my wedding.

The second was my friend Rich. He asked if there were any car shows in Phoenix while he visited his brother, I replied that I'd show him around the Pavillions car show. Him and his brother showed up, and a few years later he moved to Phoenix and we've been close ever since.

Moral of the story. Go with the spare room option.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Your backyard dude... Take her to the U.P. and see some of the beautiful sights up there. Tahquamenon falls, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Big Spring Kitch-iti-kipi, etc. So much beautiful country to explore up there. Find a nice B&B to crash at and spend some time taking in the sights. Of course this is only if you're into that kind of thing...

U.M.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was about to laugh at this but realized that two of my closest friends in this world I met on the Corral with just such a response.

The first was a guy on the Corral that posted asking what there was to do in Phoenix, I replied with something stupid like "Video games on my sofa". Imagine my surprise when this stranger actually showed up. 15 years later and we talk on the phone almost every day and he was one of my groomsmen (I didn't have a best man) at my wedding.

The second was my friend Rich. He asked if there were any car shows in Phoenix while he visited his brother, I replied that I'd show him around the Pavillions car show. Him and his brother showed up, and a few years later he moved to Phoenix and we've been close ever since.

Moral of the story. Go with the spare room option.
Met a buddy the same way haha

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Blackoyote

Established Member
Camping!

I just picked up a dirt bike and am currently searching for a 4 wheeler for my wife, so that anytime the question of 'what to do for the weekend' comes up, we can just load them up and go to the woods! Just my .02 for future planning:beer:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
If Moab, UT isn't too far for you I highly highly recommend it! I just spent two days there and so far on this trip from Wa to the Grand Canyon it has been my favorite place. So much to do.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Put-In-Bay Island, Ohio.
Kelley's Island is great too, less "bro-ey" than PIB. Bring the motorcycle or bicycles.

Driving distance from Western Michigan. Enjoy Lake Erie.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread