We need Ford/SVT to hear our voices... 2020 GT500 manual transmission petition/request/thread

blk02edge

Established Member
If you are wanting the car with the best possible transmission ya better go be the fastest damn guy on the track! Nevermind all those other pesky variables that make people slow, youll be just as fast as Pobst right away cuz DTC!

blk02edge

Established Member
I just want a DCT because I don’t know how to drive a stick.
But the difference between us, I’m actually buying one, so maybe that’s why Ford is listening and using a DCT.
Yep, that’s gotta be why.
-J
Well if you dont know how to drive manual and simply dont want a manual, thats actually a good reason to be happy about a DCT, I cant fault anyone for wanting the DCT.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Love the GT350R sounds beautiful when you hit 2nd to 3rd to 4th at redline... it really is a feeling to behold in that car.... truly amazing.

LostM

Established Member
You keep reading your magazines, I'll be at the race track, where I experience the real world lol. Like I said previously, we have a ton of dudes in 1le's doing juuuust fiiiine with their shitty manuals, plenty of guys in acr vipers also doing just fine. What yall dont remember is these are not race cars, they are fun cars. You are right a DCT will be faster in majority of cases (marginal) and different days and different pros can net different results but only guarantee'd to be faster against yourself. Im in no way against them, they are fun in their own right but there aint nothing wrong with an old stick either. Some of the fastest full bodied cars we have on track are these RS1 (cascar), they are running pushrod 355's (450hp) with 4 speed and a damn solid axle. They run faster than GT3RS's (pro driven) and we have some 70's year olds running in that ballpark.

Some of you dont understand the track day world and thats ok, you just buy your car and show people Randy Pobst's hero

But.. im asking the pro racer that races every weekend for more heats to show me that consistency that the "1" post had. All im.asking is for you to validate your point

I understand it's nearly impossible to prove fiction, but thats also what im asking you to do. Show us your times, with or without the "excuses"
Either way will validate my points..

Back to magazines for me

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Watching a pro driver on TV is faster too, but where's the fun in that. Manual option please.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

blk02edge

Established Member
Love the GT350R sounds beautiful when you hit 2nd to 3rd to 4th at redline... it really is a feeling to behold in that car.... truly amazing.
That's what Ill be eyeing now, maybe... Or a Radical SR3... Lol
But.. im asking the pro racer that races every weekend for more heats to show me that consistency that the "1" post had. All im.asking is for you to validate your point

I understand it's nearly impossible to prove fiction, but thats also what im asking you to do. Show us your times, with or without the "excuses"
Either way will validate my points..

Back to magazines for me
Just told ya ill get some new numbers sunday.. The session I posted was the first time I had all the right pads matched with my tires on this particular car. Can you wait that long? If you think thats an excuse, I wont change a single setting between 6 entire sessions just for you lol. You say its always an excuse for manual guys but a friend of mine who is actually a pro racer just set a best time of 2:12 in a brand new GT2RS. last year he ran a 2:08 in a 3RS. Whats the excuse when both cars have a PDK? yes, the 2RS will be faster than the 3RS but condtions were not ideal in the 2RS run. But that is the reality of tracks. Inconsistency between literally any car for a huge number of reasons. But you know, I dont expect you to understand that until you go for yourself, I surely hope you will do some track days in your new 500.

blk02edge

Established Member
Watching a pro driver on TV is faster too, but where's the fun in that. Manual option please.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Especially considering these are fun play toys not race cars. I love the gotta win attitude. Win what? I do understand wanting DCT though. It really is fun as well

LostM

Established Member
Guys!! Im starting to get REALLY concerned!!

Early order guides dont have a manual trans listed!!!!!

Is it possible Ford isnt listening to YOU, i mean, YOU are their bread and butter, how could they do that to you.
Screw best possible offering, most brutal Mustang ever, or ttracting new customers.
They want, NO, they NEED to keep you, the aging, ready to move to Florida and retire, weighting new car vs end of life expenses demographic

blk02edge

Established Member

Is it possible Ford isnt listening to YOU, i mean, YOU are their bread and butter, how could they do that to you.
Screw best possible offering, most brutal Mustang ever, or ttracting new customers.
They want, NO, they NEED to keep you, the aging, ready to move to Florida and retire, weighting new car vs end of life expenses demographic
Current Ford managment isnt listening to any of us, dont get yourself excited thinking you are even 1% special to them. They care more about hippies and green tech. This car never would have happened with the new leaders.

We all knew the car was sans manual to start...

COME CORRECT

Established Member

What early order guides?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder what the epic carnage limit is for the DCT is ?

We are just months away!
Hoping it takes 800rwhp like a champ.
Tuning only, hard parts in for that power.
May have no comparison, but the stock, and I mean 100% stock to the fluid, auto 6R80 can touch 8s. I’m hoping all new trans share that robustness.
-J

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
They have had quite some time to design, test, break, adapt, and overcome. Repeatedly. Tremec has a great reputation when it comes to a rock solid manual gearbox and I expect this one to be no different. The fact that they acquired Hoerbiger a number of years ago gives me confidence in the mechatronics aspect of the DCT. And while I was told that early test units saw quite a bit of "heat" in them I learned that this was more from development and rather something that was responsibly addressed.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
With respect to the Mustang, offering both raises the price of each, not good.

The last TR6060 used in a Ford (2014 GT500) retails around $5,300 from Ford.

20190624_155011.jpg

I just learned of the retail cost of a '20 GT500 DCT assembly and it is almost 4x that (I'll share more if I get permission).Suffice it to say it is more than 20k!! Halve the DCT order and the price goes up significantly. Same goes for another TR6060 variant.

Users who are viewing this thread